thoughts on a 4 cyl T-5 on a hot 200.

A

Anonymous

So far i really like the versitility of the 4cyl. T-5. On flat ground 1st gear is optional. Will take off in 2nd with no problem but at stop signs or lights on hills the low 1st gear is great. Great gear in parking lots also. And the 5th gear really lets the rpm down when cruising - actually have to down shift for hills at 40 mph. The old 3 speed once it hit 3rd gear over 20mph there was nothing it had to down shift for as it was always wound up enough. Kind of like a SROD with an extra semi granny gear. If i was after nothing but drag racing type performance i would go with a v-8 t-5 but for an everyday driver (especially a heavier than normal falcon) this is a great choice. That low 1st will spin a tire in a heartbeat too. :LOL:

danwagon":1lfzqag6 said:
So far i really like the versitility of the 4cyl. T-5. On flat ground 1st gear is optional. Will take off in 2nd with no problem but at stop signs or lights on hills the low 1st gear is great. Great gear in parking lots also. And the 5th gear really lets the rpm down when cruising - actually have to down shift for hills at 40 mph. The old 3 speed once it hit 3rd gear over 20mph there was nothing it had to down shift for as it was always wound up enough. Kind of like a SROD with an extra semi granny gear. If i was after nothing but drag racing type performance i would go with a v-8 t-5 but for an everyday driver (especially a heavier than normal falcon) this is a great choice. That low 1st will spin a tire in a heartbeat too. :LOL:

thats the same tranny i want to use, i friend of mine is getting ready to part out a turbo coupe :O)

here in holland whe using the T9 from a ford sierra 4 cyl , holding up great for a mild 200ci . and gears are good , but i got a 3,55 axle gear .

100€ to buy in a yunk yard here , and with an adapter plate [ see my website with pic ] it is a bolt on to the 2,77 bellhouse, and the drive shaft wil fit wright into it !! and lining up great in the tunnel console .

so a verry cheap setup , and the 4 cyl box is holding up great . even with hard driving and burnouts !! and great smooth shifting .

Put my 4cyl T5 in last year and love it! I have a clutch chatter problem to solve but the T5 is a great upgrade. I had mine rebuilt by Hanlon Motorsports in PA. I drove a 3700 mile, two week trip last year and loved the versatility of the tranny. In the hills and mountains of Tennesee, I just used 4th. Anywhere else, the 200 worked fine in 5th. The low 1st worked great in the parking lots of the various Power Tour shows along the way.

Back