THEORY IN ACTION - a newly modified log for a 2 barrel

CZLN6":1t4zvgfl said:
The premise of the Handbook is the make do, get by and to improvise- to take the path less traveled

Like a comedy skit With Lorne Greene where as Ben Cartwright , he holds a broom out to an intruder, who laughes at Ben, then Ben says "we make do with what we have..."

Nice work...the comedy is that it works...like everything in the book.

To life...Hot 6t Falcon and rbohm.

50141.jpg

xctasy":64g90j32 said:
CZLN6":64g90j32 said:
The premise of the Handbook is the make do, get by and to improvise- to take the path less traveled

Like a comedy skit With Lorne Greene where as Ben Cartwright , he holds a broom out to an intruder, who laughes at Ben, then Ben says "we make do with what we have..."

Nice work...the comedy is that it works...like everything in the book.

To life...Hot 6t Falcon and rbohm.

50141.jpg

X, your insight, and outlook on life, is always appreciated.

Hi Dennis, :banghead: that's tough to deal with, God bless and heal you. :nod:

CZLN6":yleep7cb said:
Howdy Back:

CNC-dude- Our thought was that since the cam timing is so advanced in the '78 and later cams, retarding it some, comparable to the patterns on the pre-'78 200s it would move the power curve up, higher in the RPM range. Our experiences reflect back on how much more power a '65 200 would have from 2 to 4 grand- even with the lowly 1100 and LoM.

Again, thanks.
Adios, David

It sure would be nice to try it the way Ford had it originally so you could establish a baseline to see if you actually help it or hurt it. Without knowing that first, there is no basis for comparison and no point of reference to retreat to if it doesn't meet your expectations. Also, according to FTF, Ford did intentionally retard their cams for emission purposes and this followed even into the V8's later on.

Howdy Back:

"Also, according to FTF, Ford did intentionally retard their cams for emission purposes and this followed even into the V8's later on."
Hey Dude- Do you have a source for this info? I've heard it said too, but have never found it stated officially, with rationale and data. I'm reluctant to quote it without having a reliable source. Can you help? point me in a direction?

Even though the late model 200 cams have more lift ( .372" as compared to .348" on earlier 200s) the ramps are so lazy and the peak so narrow that it's going to be marginally worthwhile if it can be done at all. Dennis is getting a new cam timing set along with several woodruff keys to check it out. More soon.

Adios, David

"...going to be marginally worthwhile if it can be done at all…"
hopefully, dadill B onea da lass mods B4 openin da engine...

Keep goin wid initial, mechanical & vacuum timing and carb (U use a 2150?) 1st plez.
May B C if the $100 NAPA '69 - '71 timing set is a substantial addition?
(Nothing avail on ignition but DUI?).

Those oe valves R the biggest too?
Also, those yrs R highest ratio rockers OE?

"Football exhaust al la Mr. X's 'extractor' mods?

Havin fun yet?

I think he only posts in the Ford 240-300 section and the 1320 Crowd sections, but from my experience also in the machine shop industry myself, I have seen it noted many times in parts rebuilders catalogs that the replacement timing set you are buying replicates the factory "retarded" timing sets. But, FTF has echoed this many times in comments regarding this subject here and on other forums I've seen his discussions on. So this info is readily known throughout the automotive rebuilder industry in both parts stores and machine shops that have Ford knowledge.

Back