T5 to a Crossflow

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy guys!

I usually post in the US section since that's where I am, but I've been offered a cool deal to get a complete 84DA 250 crossflow, so I should ask the pros now. With the motor comes with a 4spd single rail bell housing. I know I cannot bolt a US T5 directly to it since my input shaft is too long. So I have 2 questions:

1. do they sell an adapter plate down under to make this happen?
2. I read that a toploader shares 1 bolt hole, which mean the others can be drilled off of that. With that being the case, can I likely use my Ford 200 C7 bell housing Modern driveline adapter? Since one side is a toploader, and the other is a T5 to make this work?

I am trying to find the least difficult/cheapest way to keep my T5 and be able to use the 250 crossflow

Thanks!

I found this old thread. See it helps.

Does the Crossflow 250 use the same bell pattern as the US 250 (SBF)? Or does it use a bell pattern more like the high starter mount 200?Or does it use the late low starter mount 200 big bell pattern? If it is the first, a T5 bell will be easy to find, the last 2 possibilities are a little harder to find but not impossible, I actually have one for the second possibility for sale in the classifieds, the last possibility uses one that was used in the last of the 3.3l/200 foxbodies. If the SROD bell that comes with the engine is like the bell I have it is already a deep bell and is cast to accept drilling and tapping the T5 bolt pattern,but the SROD register hole is slightly smaller than the T5 so will need to be opened up or the T5 input bearing retainer will need to be turned down a bit.

Does the Crossflow 250 use the same bell pattern as the US 250 (SBF)? Or does it use a bell pattern more like the high starter mount 200?Or does it use the late low starter mount 200 big bell pattern? If it is the first, a T5 bell will be easy to find, the last 2 possibilities are a little harder to find but not impossible, I actually have one for the second possibility for sale in the classifieds, the last possibility uses one that was used in the last of the 3.3l/200 foxbodies. If the SROD bell that comes with the engine is like the bell I have it is already a deep bell and is cast to accept drilling and tapping the T5 bolt pattern,but the SROD register hole is slightly smaller than the T5 so will need to be opened up or the T5 input bearing retainer will need to be turned down a bit.
So the Crossflow uses a bell similar to the high mount 200. I will be getting the 4spd single rail bell which can be modified to fit a T5. I got another memeber of a group on Facebook who did the same job. I'll post the picture later. But the bearing retainer needs to be turned down on a lathe like you said, and the holes drilled and tapped to hold it on. Its really close but it can be done.

So the Crossflow uses a bell similar to the high mount 200. I will be getting the 4spd single rail bell which can be modified to fit a T5. I got another memeber of a group on Facebook who did the same job. I'll post the picture later. But the bearing retainer needs to be turned down on a lathe like you said, and the holes drilled and tapped to hold it on. Its really close but it can be done.
Sounds like you have the same bell that I have for sale in the classifieds, is it a D9BC casting number? If so it should be the right depth for the long input T5 since the 3.3l SROD also used a long input, if you look at the face of the bell where the trans mates to it you will see the extra bosses cast in where the other T5 holes need to be drilled and tapped.

Last edited:
Back