Possible to turbo offy triplets

A

Anonymous

is it possible to turbo 3 2 barrels? also I saw someone with a 2v aussie head but instead of a 2barrel they had a 4barrel? is that possible?

You can turbo anything! The best carb turbos are on cars which have a finely adjustable mixture from lean to rich, and that also have ecellent fuel distribution.

The 1 barrel triples sound great, and they only real issue is making sure the air being blown into them is applied to either side of the centre carb, in two ducts. Never try to split the turbo pressure into three, as it will always end up favouring one carb. If you tee it into either side of the carb, and run a long log above the carbs. Sort of a Cobra6-type set-up, but with two air intakes.

Second tip. If you are using the progressive linkage, make sure it is set-up richer so that on a hot day, on full boost, it can deliver the fuel for a 250 hp car. Normally aspirated, sans the turbo, there is only a need for 165 hp of jetting. Under wide open throttle with a boost ratio over 1.7 times as much as it would have as a non-turbo, you will need a good deal more fuel.

(The worst thing with carb turbos is that any standard carb has no ability to richen the mixture when a good cool charge of air needs much more fuel to avoid burning valves or lean misfires. Some systems exist to richen things when needed, but they vary depending on the type of carb system.)

Just be prepared to encounter three times the complexity and associated problems associated with triple anythings.

Unless you really are looking for visual appeal, a single Holley 500 would probably outperform the triples and be easier to install as well.

what about a 4 barrel on a performance 200? I saw someone with 4 barrel with a 250oz head.. I thought only a 2barrel could go one? I definatelly plan on turboing and installing peformance parts and if possible twin turbo.. anyone has any info or recommended turbos plz send me.. This friday im purcashing a engine hoist and the motors coming out its already been stripped down.. gonna have the tranny tooken into a shop and rebuilding it with the kit I ordered and purchasing a new torque converter

The OZ 2V manifold can be modified to accept a 4V carb. A couple of our members have done it recently. This is one I have sitting in my garage. Its going on the OZ250ci that I'm building for my 66 coupe.

OZ250-4V-1.JPG

OZ250-4V-2.JPG

Back