Paxton Supercharger

A

Anonymous

Would a paxton style supercharger work on a '71 250? I don't know if anyone has tired to get one of these to work on a six or not, any ideas?
Thanks,

Chris

You would need a closeure for the carb. I have seen carb'd v8s in Muscle Mustangs and fast Fords magazine with turbos and side mount superchargers.
I'm not sure were to get one though. That would be cool. :LOL: :LOL:

Jes 8)

Yeep!
Holman- Moody, Ak Miller, Bill Throppe and others did that very thing.
There was a long love affair between Ford, Ford tuners and Paxton/ McCollough blowers, some were even factory equip't, early "T"birds and others.

There a couple of pics posted here of SBF-6 with Paxton.

you can't steal my idea. I'm still debating either Paxton or Eaton, but leaning towards paxton for easy of installation.

Slade

Sorry Corba! You are far from being the first to think about a Paxton Supercharger on a 200 inline six!

Yep, I picked this up last month before going on vacation, I plan on installing it in the next 4-8 weeks. It's a Paxton SN-89 Supercharger it will boost 5-8 lbs depending on pully sizes. I'll post pictures of the install as I go along.
Paxton.jpg

Good, you can figured it out. Let us know how you end up mounting it. I was looking to mount it on the drivers side where the PS would go.

I plan to add EFI before going forced air.

Slade

sweet...where can u find those and how much did they cost u guys? how does the pulley thing work? bigger pulley=more boost or is it the other way around? does supercharging also requiring an oiling like a turbo does?

That's cool Ben, is that going to go on your ride or your son's? BTW what are the specs on that blower, it sure looks like the ones that were used on the 87-93 5.0's.....

Alex

Alex,
It is from the early 5.0 Mustangs that were Supercharged, as I said they will produce 5-8 lbs depending on your engine and pulley sizes used. I'm changing out the 8 ribbed pulley 4.25" for a custom 3.5" Paxton fitted two curve pulley, I plan on using the A/C bracket to mount the unit on the passenger side, intercooler off a T-bird, I will either change the vacuum secondaires on my Holley 4v or use my old Holley 500 and do a blow thru using one of those 96-97 Jeep bonnets. I will have to pull the head and change gaskets to help lower my C/R and maybe more to get it to run with 6-7 lbs boost. BTW I got it on Ebay about one month ago, while you all were sleeping :shock: :LOL: ;) $355.00 plus shipping. The case has never been opened (well the saftey wire is intact) and there is almost no play in the shaft.

so it is possible, I'll put the idea on the back burner for now... I still need to get the first thing on my list, electronic ignition!

Chris

Chris:
Anythings possible in this board ;)

Ben:
I was doing a little research on those blowers and apparently Paxton doesn't service those anymore, they sold everything to Paradise Wheels Inc. , they handle all the rebuilds and stuff now.....just thought you should know.

Alex

The single problem common to most of the centrifugal blowers (Vortech, ATI, etc.) is the brackets aren't rigid enough, and under boost they bend due to belt load and the belts either slip, run off, or get chewed by the pulley.
If using an existing bracket, look at it closely - most have a place where a piece of 3/8 X 3/8 X 1/8" angle can be welded (or even through-bolted) as a stiffener. Enlarge any mount holes to next bolt size, and put a "doubler" (heavy flat washer is good) behind all bolt holes.

Yes Alex,
I know, Paradise Wheels Inc is only 125 miles from me and I have all ready contacted them, thats where I got the twin belt pulley for my setup.

i seem to remember someone talking about adapting an AC bracket for a SC, might've been one of the big six guys though

Back