All Small Six Ok, so I have read this article several times.

This relates to all small sixes
Ok, so I have read this article several times.

Basically this car started bone stock on the internals with a header, 2v weber and a DUI. It made 79rwhp on the dyno.

4k later, with a cam, aluminum head, 2v weber it made 108rwhp.

Thats a 37% increase, but still seems a bit low for the amount of work this engine had.

X2 Which article were you reading? What are the cam specs for the cam you used and was it degreed? Do you know what compression ratio you have now or its cranking compression PSI? Your results really don't sound all that bad to me if your still using the stock bottom end with only a cam install. How much use has that short block seen? There is certainly room for lots more improvement if the short block also gets optimized on its compression ratio, cam timing, and the quench distance. Also note that Dyno's in my OPIN are only a tuning tool and are quite valuable in that respect to optimize the engine tune. But the rear wheel HP readings can vary as not all Dyno's are created equal (even when tested on the same day or at another Dyno of the same model and its only a couple blocks away in the same town) nor are all the Dyno operators, some are really good others not so much. Have you don any other testing to verafy your performance changes such as drag strip testing? The drag strips times are still one of best forms of testing for accual power output. So what I am trying to tell you is that just because you see same article that's says they did all these kind of mod's and got a Dyno reading of this amount many things can change the readings. Here's another example I witnessed in the late 1960's was summer time in Southern Calif so it was hot weather. I was at Sach's & Son's Lincoln Mercury dealer picking up some parts they were doing a Dyno run in their shop on a mid 1960's Pontiac Tempest bone stock V8 I think it was a 326 had an auto trans it put down a Whopping 74 HP to the rear wheels. So again I think your are doing quit good so far is there more left in your engine combo? Yes I absolutely think there is quite a bit more left. Best of luck

tuned in, let's go
8^ )
(I C an Oz reference too)

Back