New Web SIte for Ford Falcon 6 Cylinder Perf. Handbook

Dennis , is your manual a good source of information for those wishing to increase efficiency for fuel mileage or is the focus hp , rpms and acceleration ?

While I highly recommend this book to any newcomer, has there been any updates especially with information about Mike's AL head, and cars like Wills Turbo falcon?

oldgrezmonke":tldvfbml said:
, is your manual a good source of information for those wishing to increase efficiency for fuel mileage or is the focus hp , rpms and acceleration ?

It is not only a good source, it is basically the bible of I6 use and mods.

I too would like to know if it has been updated I got your book way back when we traded a Dist Recurve for it , remember ? it had 51 pages then

Howdy All:

This is the other Schjeldahl- David, in Idaho.

Grez- The Handbook is a general overview of engine pieces and parts swapping, by year, casting codes and specifications for small sixes from 1960 to1984. Yes, that includes efficiency for fuel mileage.

Cobra & FSD- The Handbook is currently in it's 2011 iteration. It now has 107 pages of info and photos. There is a very brief section on CI's head as well as the Aussie 2V and the Argentine "SP" heads. Cost and availability have keep them out of our hands. The Handbook really focus' on USA log type heads, engines and drivelines. I don't think we've made mention of Will's bomb. It is pretty out there and worth coverage and a photo. We have pretty much stuck to NA and carb engines.

FSD- the DS II distributor you recurved is still in my 250 Falcon and going strong. Are you still doing recurves?

Our plan is to let the Handbook grow as new info becomes evident and available. We are also constantly editing to refine grammar, spelling and punctuation as well as data, contacts, sources and availability. The original intent was and still is to help owners to get the most out of their mostly stock cars using readily available and affordable parts; either new or recycled stock upgrades, mix and matched, or modified as well as aftermarket. Most of what is in the Handbook has been done or researched by one or both of us; my '65 Ranchero 250 SROD 4spd or Dennis' '60 Ranchero 200 T5.

The most recent printing is available from Mike and Classic Inlines and we encourage you to buy through him.

Thanks for using it. We love feedback and suggestions.

Adios, David

Yes I still Recurve , average about 50 a year , glad to hear its still kicking that was 2000-2001 I believe , I will have to get the update soon

Dave,

Aside from the rich overview of what is possible, I think your tiered performance steps from free to $$$$ is really valuable. It gets a new user started productively and gives him/her something to shoot for without wasting time or money. (I didn't forget you STEVEN.)

do you go indepth of the tranny options, like AOD and the computerized version(for ppl with intrest in MS), for the 250/200 with the bigger bell housing engines? maybe mentioning a gear vendors or other comprable OD system that will modify the back half of the c4.

for NA do you only focus on carb's? or add some MS options (like possible TB's options from stock cars that might bolt on (2bbl/1bbl), the sensors are covered by MS so I doubt' you'd have to cover much of that)

also the timing options for our sixes with MS, what is entailed to make it ready... with a GM 4 pin vs 7 pin?

have you heard of anyone adding a cam sensor? and it working properly? (i havn't but would be intresting, I know you can put a dizzy sensor to help with cam timing locations, have seen that maybe good for the book?)

sorry for my quesitons but these seem relevant to only our sixes, and if described the best maybe it might encurage more ppl to try.

(y) (y) I have an older copy and I really enjoy it, lots of info. Keep up the research! (and book) I'll have to invest in one soon, as mine is coming apart from reading it too much... :D

Howdy Back MPG:

In a word on fuel injection and Mega Squirt, no. We have stuck to carburetion, more specifically, Autolite 1100s, 1101s, both SCV and Non-SCV, Autolite 2100s in various sizes and only a little on Holleys, mostly #4412s and still looking for a #7448. We've done a little with early side bowl Holley one barrels, and a little with Carter YFs.

There is a page and a half on adapting an AOD to a Low Mount (LM) starter 200 or any 250 auto bell- it will get you started. And a bit more on adapting the T5 manual trans with references to Modern Driveline for parts and specifics. While it is covered I would certianly not call it indepth. Pages could be written on each and every application.

Truth is, I think that you're going to write the book on utilizing Mega Squirt and fuel injection. Keep it up.

Adios, David

My copy is worn and tattered from rereading and quick reference. Every Ford six owner should own this book and I look forward to purchasing updated editions. I am glad to have this resource and fordsix for my Ford six addiction.

mine stays in my laptop bag and goes everywhere with me, even the picknpull. Mine's ancient, probably about time to buy a new copy. It vies with this forum as favorite resource for me.

Invectivus":3j5x0t0j said:
mine stays in my laptop bag and goes everywhere with me, even the picknpull. Mine's ancient, probably about time to buy a new copy. It vies with this forum as favorite resource for me.

You should purchase a new copy. They've added sections for the Australian Crossflow, CI alloy head, and Argentina head.

MPGmustang":11520lzf said:
have you heard of anyone adding a cam sensor? and it working properly? (i havn't but would be intresting, I know you can put a dizzy sensor to help with cam timing locations, have seen that maybe good for the book?)

Currently working on that item right now in my basement along with KStang. Now, once I recover my basement from the fiasco caused by recent events, I'll be able to get back to it.

I often wonder if we should start a fordsix wiki (not to take away business from the Dennis and David) to really start putting information together on these items.

Just ordered a new copy, I didn't know there'd been an update! Yay!

FYI. I have mailed Jaymers and oldgrezmonkey already this week.

Dave and I are both retired, but still trying to learn new stuff.

Hope you enjoy it and THANKS for the orders.

FYI, the CI site says they're selling the 2009 version, not 2011. Is that a typo?

Back