M90 200 Econo Build

Curious why you cut the Intake ports down so far below the exhaust flange. This is how Bill Strope did the 144 Head back in mid 1959 to be able to install the Hillborn Fuel Injection system. I am glad to see your working on it again and you can certainly make it work for your M90 intake install. best of luck.
In the hot rod article they ground both the intake and exhaust runners off and then had to braze an intermediary plate where you could put your new custom intake or custom header. With the stock exhaust ports in tact I can still use a factory exhaust manifold / header / buy gaskets for them off the shelf.

Last edited:
If you can weld on some stubs and a plate so that it matches something like the Australian 2V head then there would be stock intake gaskets you can find, that would give you options too. Are you going to make up the blower intake yourself?

If you can weld on some stubs and a plate so that it matches something like the Australian 2V head then there would be stock intake gaskets you can find, that would give you options too. Are you going to make up the blower intake yourself?
Yeah I am going to give it a go. I have a spare engine in my garage so as soon as I figure out how I will drive the blower I can figure out what kind of spacing I will need and start thinking about exactly where I want it to sit.

I want to do as much of it as possible on my own. I'd like to make it out of aluminum but we will see.

Yeah Aluminum would be great I learned to do some sand castings with Aluminum and I also learned to do Brass casting too back when I was still in high school and its fairly easy. Those were some very fun projects and they all turned surprisingly well.

I've been thinking about this for past day or two and I think this is the way to go. I found some really nice flat pictures of the 2v intake gaskets and would like to throw these in cad and make some templates. I just need one dimension to calibrate the rest of the image to real size. Does anyone have a 2v head / gasket to measure so I can avoid $50 dollar shipping on a set of gaskets?

Attachments

• 2v intake.png
    2v intake.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 4
Vintage Inlines also has their version of the 2V Intake Gaskets too, they are a little different if that would be any cheaper for you to ship.

Vintage Inlines also has their version of the 2V Intake Gaskets too, they are a little different if that would be any cheaper for you to ship.
I live in Japan so virtually anywhere I buy the shipping will be nuts. Of course I will have to buy eventually but I'd rather consolidate my order when I get further along.

If you do Facebook get on the 'fans of the ford 250 2v engine group'

Someone will be able to tell you

I live in Japan so virtually anywhere I buy the shipping will be nuts. Of course I will have to buy eventually but I'd rather consolidate my order when I get further along.
They have a 2502v inlet and exhaust gasket set for $40aud on Aust eBay here . Let me know if you need a set posted.

If you do Facebook get on the 'fans of the ford 250 2v engine group'

Someone will be able to tell you
I am on that group already haha but I never thought about asking it about it there. I put that photo of the 2v gaskets into my cad and it seems like its a little bit skewed. I may ask that group to see if anyone could scan a set for me. I think I am good on the measurements due to what I found from the link I posted above but I appreciate it big time.

Back