HOLLEY 1904 W/ GLASS BOWL

A

Anonymous

iF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS A HOLLEY 1904 W/GLASS FLOAT BOWL PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!
I have one and need another for my 2-1bbl. manifold.
I have a rebuilt 1904 w/cast bowl in box for trade or will
buy one outright.

if you casting isnt warped just get a glass bowl for it assuming its a matching carb.
They make tons of different 1904s. how about some specs on what you have? or better yet a picture from all angles.
Venturi size?
base size?
with or without power valve?
metal or plastic throttle cam?
if its a metal cam there are 2 differnent locations where it is mounted.
I have also seen a couple different internals and
some have different style squirters.

The one with cast bowl is for a '58-'62 223 w/auto trans, my original is from my '55 223 w/standard tranny.
There is the cast marking on the bottom of the bowl - 6R545B

holley1.JPG

holley2.JPG

P1010034.JPG

You need to post a picture of the venturi too. I have seen glass bowl carbs with just the choke plate and glass bowl carbs with a secondary venturi built into the choke plate. Make sure all fuel curcuits are the same in both carbs.

show us your other carb as well. We need top and bottom shots also.

I have 3 carbs that i picked up over the years and one w/glass bowl on my galaxie(sorry not for sale).

Is there a difference in cfm? Is there casting numbers on them like the rest of the holley 4 and 2 barrel line?

It is amazing how many people are say "WOW, THATS COOL!!" when they see the glass bowl.

Howdy.......
I have one of those glass covers but my brother cranked a bit too hard on it and snapped the corner off it. (Which is about as good as saying
"no, sorry, I don't have one.")
THE THING IS ......there are two or three glass shops here behind the Redwood Curtain. They do hand-blown and molded glass products, artwork etc. Friends of mine even worked there at one time.
I was going to repair the broken one I have with some serious epoxy.....not to USE it on a rig, but to use it as a PATTERN and see if the glass shop(s) can FABRICATE CUSTOM COVERS from glass !!
Dig it.....one could get plain Colored glass, swirled, cats-eye........
colors to match the paint under the hood even!
Anyone know if the glass has to be extra high temp like Pyrex? I never saw any temperature restrictions on the cover I've got...How Much would one charge for something like this? Would there be licensing issues with Holley? Stuff to think about....

I'd be confident it's tempered glass. You're right; fancy glass would be extra-cool on old setups. Holley would probably not worry about a privateer making a couple of repros for themself and friends, especially if not branded. Look at electric guitars for a parallel. Fender don't mind people copying their Stratocaster but you can't sell it by that name.

Cheers, Adam.

Addo, Keefer, 54Gene,
I work in a glass shop too, mostly residential stuff , but tempered isn't always Required in warm situations. How hot can it be over the intake?
You don't want to run your mill at 212F or it'll boil over, right?
I'm going to check with the R&D boys at Holley and see what kind of glass they actually used in those covers......I bet it's like Henry Ford's T-Model front spndles- when he saw them, he told the engineers to make 'em weaker, so they'd wear out.
So, will get back to y'all when I learn more about this whole thang.
Dig it though....think about a tri-power set-up with blue glass bowls
over Ford blue engine block color. What a Visual!

Keefer,
I DID get hold of somebody at Holley and he wrote that "the glass was just plain old glass,"not Pyrex or tempered. Stock part WAS pretty thick...
So this leaves it open for me to git over to the glass shop and see if they can do the work. Next rain-out day, it's on the list.......
Also, I saw in one of my books that there is SUPPOSED TO BE a gasket between the clamp ring and the glass, and a gasket between the glass and the carb body....the glass doesn't touch any metal!
Did you ever find another one of those things? If so, how much was it?
Curiouser and curiouser........Don

I found a metal bowl, but not a glass one. still looking, would settle for a bowl only, and put it on my 2nd. carb.

Back