Head/Carb plate

I’m putting a 1969 replacement head on my ‘65 mustang with a 200 (automatic).
The replacement head has a larger intake opening at 1.75” and the OEM adapter plate is too small. I will need to source a new plate and perhaps a new carb with similarly larger opening.

Center line to center line for the adapter plate bolts on the log appear to be 3-5/16 OC.

Do you carry this and if not can you educate us, D630D7C4-1D7A-4114-9289-A0A3A352B201.jpegpoint us in the right direction?

I bought new lifters and exhaust gasket from you recently. They went in great.

Reference photos attached.

Thank you for your help. Ryan

Hi, this is an online forum for Ford inline six cylinder engines, not a parts store. Members can buy and sell parts at the bottom. Our sponsor is Vintageinlines, an online store who specializes in performance parts for these engines.
We also have a tech section where you can learn about the various heads, and very important for you, the carb and distributor combinations. The early carb only works with the early distributor, and the later carb with the larger opening, 1969 and up, works with all the later distributors.
The Ford Falcon Performance Handbook is also a great reference to help sort through the best combinations of parts.
It looks like you already changed the distributor, so I would plan on a later carb, maybe a 2 barrel swap.
Good luck

1965 Mustang is a great car to have, congratulations. You might find owning a copy of the Ford Falcon Performance Handbook to be very beneficial as it covers in detail the type of modification you are working on. Probably can get a copy at vintageinlines.com. However, we have very experienced and knowledgeable members here that will gladly help you with working on modifications. Good luck.

The 200 in 1965 came with a Load-O-Matic distributor that requires a carburetor with a Spark Control Valve.
If you upgrade to a larger carburetor (1969) you will have to use the distributor from the same year.

may B a 1968 head (the "C8xxx" by ur left hand).
I dont see the block numbers tho (pass's side behind the down tube on exhaust).
@ above blue horizontal line ""Tech Archive":

Drill + tap the head for closer together small log carb. adapter studs.
To stop a vacuum leak under the small log carb. adapter a 1/8" steel plate can be drilled for the carb studs.
A hole saw will cut the throttle bore hole.
I did this to the first large log head that I bought at Pick'N'Pull.

gone 3 wks ago...
no sign since~

Back