Electric hybrid 300

Mydogisshaggy

Nothing really planned yet but was thinking about a way to power the valves with some kind of motors attached to the stems, spinning and moving them up and down as fast as possible and or just adding an electric motor to the pulley system, suppose I had some hybrid lithium battery and mounted them in the bed and or underneath. What could or couldn't you do to a motor running it without fuel... The oil pump would still lubricate the pistons but the pushrod holes would be plugged and any oil above the valve ports blocked off unless it's used to cool the motors pushing the valves. But why? What's the point... Well we use a magic injector that doesn't need fuel to make an explosion. This forces the pistons down in the same manner. The airflow keeps the cylinder and magic plug cool. Or an electric motor on a bracket like a procharger, battery powered and works in connection with the gas motor to lighten the load or provide extreme power for short bursts. Anyone have some weird crazy ideas they always wanted to try out but never got around to it? Or seen some crazy stuff like this in real life or online.

What about an inline engine that is closed loop and as combustion happens, air is pulled out , heated or cooled and re-injected in the next cylinder where the piston re-compresses it and repeats the cycle. Or each cylinder has its own small tank holding a gas and pumps it in and out of its own cylinder repeatedly. Or using a high spark spark plug to detonate the gas to create the combustion it hits the power stroke on the up stroke it releases the gas , circulates back in and gets another spark. Or instead of spark a selenoid? Or electric motor that is like a piston that compresses the air into the piston so it's like two pistons working against each other almost like valves. Or a (electric) valve to pull the gas out. Not fuel petrol or diesel but gas. Or maybe even super high octane fuel but Injected at 1/10th the rate of normal fuels. Precise little explosions

Nothing really planned yet but was thinking about a way to power the valves with some kind of motors attached to the stems, spinning and moving them up and down as fast as possible and or just adding an electric motor to the pulley system, suppose I had some hybrid lithium battery and mounted them in the bed and or underneath. What could or couldn't you do to a motor running it without fuel... The oil pump would still lubricate the pistons but the pushrod holes would be plugged and any oil above the valve ports blocked off unless it's used to cool the motors pushing the valves.
What are you going to gain by running the valves with an electric motor?

Electric activated valves have been done by using electric solenoids.
The main purpose is to control valve timing for maximum torque throughout the power band and maximum efficiency under the full load range.
It does not save energy. You are still storing the energy in the valve springs needed to close the valve.

Unfortunately, the spring energy stored must be enough for the highest rpm the valve train will see but the engine is operated at low rpm most of the time.
Ducati went to Desmodromic valves which pushes the valve open and pulls it shut by the camshaft. no valve springs
This removes the rpm limit by the valve spring and eliminates unnecessary energy storage at low rpm.

But why? What's the point... Well we use a magic injector that doesn't need fuel to make an explosion. This forces the pistons down in the same manner. The airflow keeps the cylinder and magic plug cool. Or an electric motor on a bracket like a procharger, battery powered and works in connection with the gas motor to lighten the load or provide extreme power for short bursts. Anyone have some weird crazy ideas they always wanted to try out but never got around to it? Or seen some crazy stuff like this in real life or online.
What is a "Magic Injector"?
An engine is a device that converts Potential Energy into Dynamic Energy.
The energy to operate the engine has to come from an energy source.
The Magic Injector cannot work without a fuel source.

A belt driven electric motor will not provide enough power to give a gas engine a significant boost.
An electric motor with that much power runs on hundreds of volts to minimize (Current Squared Resistance) losses.

An electric driven car has the ability to recover braking and downhill energy back to the batteries.
A hybrid electric will let the ICE operate in a narrow, high efficiency zone using the Atkinson-cycle.
A turbocharged ICE can use an E-turbo to eliminate turbo lag and recover electrical energy from the exhaust by using the motor as a generator.

Last edited:
What about an inline engine that is closed loop and as combustion happens, air is pulled out , heated or cooled and re-injected in the next cylinder where the piston re-compresses it and repeats the cycle.
Once combustion occurs, the oxygen in the air has been spent and will not support combustion in another cylinder.

The closest closed loop engine to what you are describing is the Stirling engine.
It operates by transferring heat between engine locations and has no internal combustion.
It will work with any external heat source.

Last edited:
X2 Yes and a recent study shows that these Electric Cars and Trucks actually cause more Pollution than a modern Gas powered Version does.

The posts above about using an electric motor or Magic injectors reminds me a lot of the present day augments for the electric car as though the energy to recharge the car batteries comes from a magical renewable energy source.
There's the sun and then I was thinking turbines on the roof or grilles or wherever. You think drag but a fan in the back like the McMurtry can eliminate drag with downforce.

There's the sun and then I was thinking turbines on the roof or grilles or wherever. You think drag but a fan in the back like the McMurtry can eliminate drag with downforce.
The two fans in the back of the McMurty car take a minimum of 60,000 watts to run. That's 80 hp.
The purpose of that car is to go fast so they sacrifice energy consumption for 4500 lbs of downdraft without drag from the start on a car that weighs 2000 lbs.

What is a "Magic Injector" that you referred to in post #1?

Last edited:
What you are proposing is a way to maximize the efficiency of the 300 six by augmenting with electric power.
One way to do that is to electrically control the different engine systems that don't need to be run constantly like the radiator fan and water pump. There are some really good controls for those.
The rest of it centers around extracting as much energy from the fuel as possible and recovering as much of the wasted heat energy as possible.

Here is a good discussion with plenty of great ideas.
Take the time to read through it as the discussion evolves.

The posts above about using an electric motor or Magic injectors reminds me a lot of the present day augments for the electric car as though the energy to recharge the car batteries comes from a magical renewable energy source.

The two fans in the back of the McMurty car take a minimum of 60,000 watts to run. That's 80 hp.
The purpose of that car is to go fast so they sacrifice energy consumption for 4500 lbs of downdraft without drag from the start on a car that weighs 2000 lbs.

What is a "Magic Injector" that you referred to in post #1?
I guess it would be a magic spark plug not injector... Idk the magic is that it can create an explosion the same way fuel+air+spark can but without fuel using a diamond and lazer? Idk Pmuller this is where you come into play and give me some good ideas to persue... Totally outside the box crazy hit me with it. It doesn't even have to work just have fun with it. I'll check out the Yunich red hot again thanks, I think I read something before but not familiar enough with it. Edit. Just started and the 10,000psig has me intrigued immediately lol this should be good!

The link you provided above... Man I wanted to say hydrogen but didn't wanna seem so obvious. I kept going back to a steam engine but I need to remember I'm after an idea for low cost operation and not speed right now lol but both is really ideal obviously.

Back