200ci DC Head Gasket

This applies only to 200ci

dydaktix

Getting a 65 200 put in my 62 comet. Mechanic bought a gasket set from DC gaskets, and pulled the head. Anyone use them before? Will the head need to be milled down?

Yea ! - another MEL style Comet...

if head hasn't been removed from factory, the original gasket will be 'steel-shim' and much thinner than modern 'composite' gasket.

if engine internals are viable, with head removed it's a good time to have it freshened with a 'valve job' which typically would include milling head for flatness and original compression ratio retention. (mill - @ .020 - .070")

Depending on your goals and resources, a simple valve grind and milling or full disassemble-back cut vlaves - check/knurl guides and any performance mods can be done.

have fun

Hi, don't assume the new 200 has all original parts. Most everything could have been replaced over the years.There is a Ford Falcon Performance Handbook, and a tech section here to help you sort it all out.I got the book from vintageinlines but now I hear they are hard to find. Good luck

Trying to find a copy myself.
I checked Vintage inclines but no luck.
The Ford Falcon site showed it on their site, but it didn’t say it was in stock either. Will have to give them a call.
Not sure why the publisher doesn’t print more if so many are looking for a copy?

Back