Autolite 1100 on a 226H how to.

REMYRANGE

I have successfully fitted an autolite 1100 to a 226h. Here is how I did it. bought a cheapo carburetor from amazon. Get what you want for this, I got cheap because this was an experiment..but it worked good. https://a.co/d/0Dr1gqA. Open up the carb and remove the main jet. It will probably be bored out to .064, put it on a drill press and bore it to about .076, and put it back. Also, while your drilling, you will need to drill out the top of the two mounting holes in the new carb to fit the bigger bolts from the 226h, the holes taper smaller at the top, but the bottom to 3/4 way up are pretty good size, just find a bit that fits there, and finish drilling it out, its about an 1/8th of an inch that needs drilled. Find a tube that fits both the underneath bracket of the air filter housing, and the top of the carb, and measure the distance from top and bottom of the old carb, and then measure the distance from top and bottom of new carb, and cut that tube to fit. I had an old aluminum tube from a solex carb from a jeep carb, and used it. I had to cut it down about and inch and half. It fit perfectly. Then simply mount the new carb. everything will line up good, you will have to re-bend your fuel line to fit, or put in a new fuel line between the carb and pump, I took the time to add a filter between. the choke cable should fit nicely, a little different angle, but not a problem. The throttle linkage will need to be tightened a bit, I tightened mine about 1/2 inch. Also, I hollowed out my oil bath filter (top only), and put a new style filter in there. Turns out a filter from a suzuki samari fits perfect. now I have better performance, she starts hot or cold, she doesn't die when I stop or make a hard right turn, and no more annoying seepage from around the float chamber. She performs better and runs smoother.

Back