Any Fenton 223 split exhaust out there?

Cast iron is quite difficult. About the best way is furnace brazed, expensive and difficult to find the services. I have done it with an arc welder and a high nickel content rod. Part would need to be clean and grind where break is so its V'ed to give good weld penattion. The parts are also need to be warmed and weld is penned to releave stress, when finished wrap part to keep it warm asbestos is ideal but thick blankets layered will work part needs cool off slowly to keep from cracking over long period 24 hours. There are probally some others on the site that can give more info like Seattle Smitty who is a pro welder. oh you might want to practice on some other parts first too, good luck

:unsure: Now guys and gals,I ain`t too sure,BUT,IIRC there is a company making(AT LEAST)some of the old Fenton stuff from what I understand using the original Fenton tooling.
You might want to check over at jalopyjournal.com for sure.Those guys and gals over there are as good at the old stuff as the folks here are at the inline Ford stuff.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

59FORD223":fhaf771l said:
Thanks Bubba! ahhh I want a set of Barker Hi-Lift Rocker Arms too but I badly want an Edmunds valve cover! I have a 223 Edmunds dual intake... It was the last one Eddie Edmunds made in 1959 before he defaulted on his government loan and Fenton purchased the company. Unfortunately, Mr. Fenton chose to scrap all of the Edmunds parts in 1960 to resmelt into new Fenton equipment.
59FORD223,
You might check with Charlie Price at Vintage Speed. He has some old Edmunds stuff he wants to sell. http://www.vintagespeed.com/

Do you still have these items in your possession? If so are you willing to sell?

Thank you

rmt":27q2pigf said:
Divco, so you're looking for one of these:

223fenton001.jpg

223fenton010.jpg

223fenton009.jpg

I'm not sure what you are really up to, but that one goes with this:

223fenton002.jpg

And together they would look like this:

223fenton003.jpg

Of course, if a guy was going to use those, it would be really slick to have this to go with them:

223fenton005.jpg

And together it would all look like this:

223fenton004.jpg

Then just for the heck of it a guy might want to use these, all of them at once or just on the intakes:

223fenton008.jpg

And together then all that would look like this:

223fenton007.jpg

But then a guy might have an Edmunds dual intake and an Edmunds finned valve cover sitting around and might want use half the high lift rockers on that engine. (Pictures for another day.)

I actually have this wonderful stuff and can't wait to use it on something special. Oh, it is (technically) for sale but it would take some seriously serious money to make me part with it. Mainly because I know if I sell it I will likely never see the whole kit and kaboodle again for any price. The intake and valve cover are unused, the exhaust has been used some, the rockers are obviously brand-new in the box.

"Stupid" money is only stupid when you don't have the parts in your possession. When you do it's a different story. I didn't get them for nothing that's for sure. But there was no way I was going to tell the gentleman I didn't want them, I love this old stuff. I already knew he does not negotiate. The stuff he has is virtually non-existant, he knows it, end of story.

I just thought you guys would like to see this stuff. I don't get tired of looking at it myself.

Roger

Divco man":1w1qfbrs said:
Roger, You are an unmitigated show off! Good taste, but still. Wait a minute, I have to clean the drool off my screen so I can see the pictures...er, I mean what I'm posting!
Actually, My set of Barker hi-lifts came without instructions. Any chance you could post or pm what they say to me? I'm not interested in the cover, although its pretty, and for intake I'm looking at the Clifford rams horn.
For the exhaust, additional research tells me the Fenton WON"T work, although i can perhaps use it as a model. What I want is a tri-Y header.Its not essential that the runners be the same length, just that the header pair up the cylinders by firing order, and then connect the 3, in as short a length and with as smooth radii as possible.
Since we're showing off, I have a running when pulled 64 262, a NOS 262 head, a NOS rocker arm assembly, a NOS set of 50's rocker arm supports and a set of valve springs. Oh, and 1 set of Barkers, sans instructions.As for what I'm "up to", Check out these 2 sites, should give you a fair idea; http://www.superchevy.com/technical/eng ... index.html and especially this one http://www.impulsengine.com/how/briefhow.shtml.

What's the 1 in a million chance that you still have that 262? I'd like to see them if you do. I'm currently running a 262 in my 64' F-100. could always use spare parts

Good luck. I really mean it. I looked for several years before I found my set up. I have all the Fenton pieces that were made for a Ford 223. Intake and exhaust manifolds, valve cover,and lifter cover. I'm still looking for the Barker hi lift rockers.

Good luck. I really mean it. I looked for several years before I found my set up. I have all the Fenton pieces that were made for a Ford 223. Intake and exhaust manifolds, valve cover,and lifter cover. I'm still looking for the Barker hi lift rockers.
Thanks. I am restoring my Great Grandfather's '59 F100. It will always remain in the family so I have time. That said it's a very special project to me and I really would like to do the engine how it may have been done back in the day.

Yes X2 those Fenton Exhaust Manifolds are really nice but they are also so rare I only seen a few over the years. There is a certain way to split the stock exhaust manafold to do a duel exhaust system, that was the most common way that the Ford
& Chevy Six'es were done with a pair of Glass Packs or Smitty's back in the day. Best of luck

Everyone is hoarding them. I almost kept all the extra intakes I had but I realized they would hang my shop wall for a while then I'd end up selling them. I know of one other Fenton split manifold and the guy won't sell. He's "saving" it to use one day, maybe.

Makes sense on the hoarding, the value just keeps going up. Now that I've received the intake I'm going to run, I discovered that I won't be about to run the Fenton exhaust manifold. It doesn't bolt to the exhaust like the stock intake or the Fenton setup.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Fenton exhaust manifold will bolt in and match up with any of the 223 intake manifolds. The only exception might be a Clifford intake.

Back