Aluminum Head Update 5/22/06 (pics)

400hp would be cake to reach on a turbo layout and keep it very streetable. being able to easily move the air through a 200 with an intercooler and good compressor would prob yield a 400hp number I would think....in the right hands.....

Once you add the factor of "turbo", the scenario changes a million different ways. Make it simple, guess a number without a turbo, superchager, nitrous, etc. Just a streetable, reliable rebuild with a good carb, header and the F6PP head. We're talking maybe a $3000 parts invest if you build it yourself on your motor.
Really 300hp/300t would be outright super. I'd say that's an average V8 crate motor.

yes i would be an average v8 crate motor but that is wut everyone else has and this will be very unique especially with all of the intake choices

Mustang Boy":idmkw7uc said:
yes i would be an average v8 crate motor but that is wut everyone else has and this will be very unique especially with all of the intake choices

exactly. I used to tell people that until the turbo went in... now the question they ask is when are you gonna run more boost? :LOL:, as for the head theres no way I could afford one as of now but looks great, and coming from Mike I'm sure it will perform as good as it looks!

Mustang Boy":v9b8jsie said:

exactly. Don't forget the benefit of power/weight ratios. just as much power as an 8, but weighs far less.

You've been good about not telling any numbers until you get the dynos, and i respect that, but we're all dying for a price hint. Can you even guess what the'll cost, with say a plus or minus $250 margin? I could use something to shoot for for now so I can really start saving.

an even halfway accurate guess won't be possible until the head is finalized and they start cranking them out
be patient, and in the meantime plan for two grand, that way once it comes out you should have plenty of spare money for the other upgrades that you'll have to do to fully utilize the head

but yeah, from the beginning he's said from between 1200-1500

Funky Cricket":21eckkl4 said:
especially with an aluminium head. has to be a fair bit lighter than that cast iron monstrosity.

Thats what I am hoping for. My '80 Mustang weighed 2866 lbs with 1666lbs on the front.

I have since removed close to 160lbs from nsoe and will be removing about 40more lbs when I move to fiberglass bucket seats.

Add a 8.8" Traction Lock rear with 3.55:1 gears and I should have a nice lightweight Mustang with even better handling and good power.

that heavy? I thought I read somewhere that the 79-83 stangs were ~2600 lbs with the I6...

want to sell your car to me cheap? heheh.

i am going to build up a fox body with the I6 when I get clear finacially. fspp head, maybe efi and turbo.. light autox type car.. WEEEE

fox bodies are heavy
the original mustangs weren't even down to 2600, i believe that they reached around 2750

Foxies are not "heavy"...Ford did a lot of work to generate the light fox chassis. It is pretty close to 1st generation Mustangs;

my former '64½ w/SBF + manual drivetrain weighted in 1320kg
my current '80 fox w/200 + manual drivetrain weights around 1280kg in stock form

These are light cars compared to many cars from nowadays, where safety equipment and safety reinforcements make them way heavier.

curb...something you hit on a regular basis to decrease tire longevity

or as the locals put it...the was a curb in the road...like a bend...

no.. how FORD defines it..

edit "curb weight".. must finish my sentences.. i make more sense that way.. or at least I hope I do...

Back