Aluminum Head - Intakes

I know this is speculation at this point, but which one will have the best mpg?

Probably the one you can keep your foot out of the best. :LOL: This rules them all out for the first six months or so. :LOL:

Where EXACTLY do you measure from on the head? I want to make sure the new head will work on my Maverick. Thanks.

Glad to hear there will be a 2V version, since I just ordered a Demon 350 CFM today. :) I'd be glad to toss the carb adapter in a year or so, but not the carb.

My car is a 1969 Mustang with a 250 6 cyl., just let me know if you need any measurements for it.

Regards,
James

Do I need to buy an early Mustang or Falcon around the new head? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just thought that there are Mavericks, Fairmonts, Monarchs, Granadas, and even Mustangs running inline 6 engines with different body styles than just '60s styles. Clearances may differ - or not.

Mike,
I know you have considered many different intake configurations, but I'm curious as to why the only FI one is the triple-dual setup. I'd imagine a log type port injection system such as one finds on a 280Z or any Honda four cylinder would be the ticket. Only one throttle plate, so no synchronization issues, space efficient, great for either a cold air intake or a turbo system, and WAY less expensive than the triple-dual. Any thoughts?

How about something like this with 3 pipes going to a tri-carb manifold instead?

asa67_stang was here

falcon fanatic":2f3c2lcf said:
Mike,
I know you have considered many different intake configurations, but I'm curious as to why the only FI one is the triple-dual setup.

Because that setup looks bad a**.

some of the 2.3L turbo guys are running side draught intakes for webers with a plenum bolted in place of the carbs with a single forward facing throttle body. I think this would be a hot ticket on a force feed 200 with this head or even on a 250 2v head for that matter.

Will the fuel injection setup be available with chrome or polished aluminum horns in addition to the carbon fiber horns...you know, for those of us who still like the older look.

some of the 2.3L turbo guys are running side draught intakes for webers with a plenum bolted in place of the carbs with a single forward facing throttle body.

I'm thinking about making a cast alloy plenum with raised ribs (to match the alloy valve covers) and a front or rear mount throttle body. Would look pretty cool IMO.

Will the fuel injection setup be available with chrome or polished aluminum horns in addition to the carbon fiber horns

There are all sorts of aftermarket horns available for the webber style TBI/Carbs. I just chose the carbon fiber for the SEMA show as they matched the black valve cover and gave it an updated appearance.

I've seen polished aluminum and steel, brushed aluminum, red and blue anodized, powder coated, neopreme, colored plastic, wire and foam, etc. Take your pick. You can get foam socks and vinyl caps for the horns. The caps slip on like tupperware lids to keep dust and debris out when parked.

99217.331.jpg
99217.517.jpg

18-81%204X3.jpg
16-B6%203X4.jpg

red-air-16-83-new_sm.gif
red-air-16-87_sm.gif
red-air-16-86_sm.gif
red-sox-pr_sm.gif

gary_williams.jpg
carbon_horn_1.jpg

dcoes.JPG
ramtube_pro_series_sm.gif

series600.jpg

series1000.jpg

48ramflo.jpg

STACK.JPG

CONE1.JPG

6-cyl_airbox.jpg

tishfi.jpg

Mike --

I am sending you a jpg of the measures I took through email, but here is what I got:

Measures are for a 1965 Mustang with a D2DE (1972) 250 block, an EOBE (1980) head, and stock Ford valve cover.

I do not have silly putty, so the measures are all made relative to a straight line run from the top of one fender to the other -- level with the top of the hood. I call it the "F:F" line below...

Valve cover is about 4.5" from bottom edge to top

Rear valve cover vent cap top to f:f = 1.5"

Top of log at inlet to f:f line = 5.25""

Left side of log at inlet to shock tower = 8.5"

Turbo inlet tube is just under 4" tall from junction with log inlet to top of tube, and is 3/4" below f:f line

Front valve cover vent cap is 2 1/8" tall, and is 1/2" _above_ the F:F line - it just touches the bottom of the hood (at the support cross bar) and has polished that part of the hood.

I hope that helps. This is really exciting! Thanks for all the effort you are putting into our beloved I-6's!

--- Barrett

I was wondering if there was an update on the head/intakes?

in your last post there mike you show an airbox that goes onthe triple webers....I was wondering how a plenum could be made to bolt in place fo the carbs for an EFI setup but I can't see an easy way of doing it short of LONG bolts going through the whole plenum unless it has a bolt off side on it (like the top or fender side) if you do make a plenum like this for a front mount throttle body would it be left blank (no bolt pattern) so that any throttle could be mounted? a 5.0L throttle would be nice but so would a later GM throttle with a round inlet. I guess I need to get to work in inventor and see if I can come up with a intake design to toss around.

Back