Aluminum Head - Intakes

I was wondering if there was an update on the head/intakes?

Most of the core boxes are done. Repeat, MOST of them. In fact, I just got pics of the core boxes last night, and they look awesome. They give you a really good idea of how the heads look, inside and out.

However we had one error, in that they forgot to put the oil galley in the rear pedestal, for rocker oiling. Hence, the pattern and core box for the water galleys, needs to be modified to correct the situation. Other than that, the rest of the core boxes are perfect. Had it not been for this one error, we would have started production on the test heads this week. Hopefully, they will have the modifications done in a week or two and we can move on to the next step, which is running the test program we have worked out. We are also sending two prototypes to Mondello's, so they can play with them and offer any suggestions they might have prior to going into full production.

Those of you going to the Falcon Nationals will be the first to see one of the new heads, as we should have several on hand. Maybe even a few for sale. However, the intakes won't quite be ready by then. We could have pushed the intakes along by guessing on the designs, based on the port molds I sent them. But we all decided it would be best to wait for a prototype head before doing the final design work. This way, we are sure of obtaining the best possible runner configurations for flow characteristics, rather than guessing and hopping the results were close. We've spent three years getting to this point, so why take a short cut on one of the last and most critical steps, just to shave a couple months off the production schedule. If anyone wants to see the pics of the core boxes, send me a request via GT200@cableAZ.com and I'll send you the pics. Hang in there, were getting very close. ;)

in your last post there mike, you show an airbox that goes on the triple Webbers....I was wondering how a plenum could be made to bolt in place to the carbs for an EFI setup. but I can't see an easy way of doing it short of LONG bolts going through the whole plenum. unless it has a bolt off side on it (like the top or fender side) if you do make a plenum like this for a front mount throttle body would it be left blank (no bolt pattern) so that any throttle could be mounted? a 5.0L throttle would be nice but so would a later GM throttle with a round inlet. I guess I need to get to work in inventor and see if I can come up with a intake design to toss around.

We are working on several intake manifolds and as I've stated before, all of our intakes will incorporate injector bungs. Thus one could use throttle body or port injection (or a carb) on either the 2V or 4V intakes. We are also making a triple Webber intake, which allows the use of throttle body or port injection, as well as carburetion. And we plan to produce a plenum chamber which will bolt dirrectly to the triple intake manifold, which would allow a single throttle body to be utilized, either on the front or the rear. Between all these options, you have several different ways of setting up the induction package. Not to mention the blower intake, and all the possible ways to set up a turbo system. This also allows you to modify the induction package easily, as you go.

I can't wait for the heads to get done, because its really going to liven up the forum. Just like the old days when we were all experimenting with the log heads, before any of us (or most of us) ever heard about the OZ-250-2V's. We'll have numerous topics about all the different builds going on, and lots of pics to check out. It should be very interesting to see what everyone is doing and enjoyable for all. Kelly may not be the only six running in the elevens in A FEW MORE MONTHS. ;)

BTW, I'll be shipping out valve covers next week. FINALLY....... Plus I just got in another shipment of DUI dizzys. The first batch I got sold out in the first week. Sorry to those who have been waiting for them. Please except my appologies. I just had no idea how many to order, and most (all) of my cash is tied up in the valve covers, cylinder heads, and intakes, so I need to be carefull not to over order stock parts. :LOL:

ok now i really need to find a job cause im gonna want to do som major work to the stang once these heads and intakes come out

so should I start eating ramen and grilled cheese for the next couple of months to get one of these on my ride them?

(homer voice) mmmmm port EFI drool

Back