A/R measuring on Turbo

66Sprint6

Famous Member
I got a to4b turbo a while back and used to remember the A/Rs and everything, but now I cant anymore. I got so busy with school and the car I forgot all about it. I was wondering how to measure the A/R and any other vital things needed to know about the turbo. Thanx guys!
Matt

If I'm reading your turbo right, we'll need more info. There are three trim levels to the T04B, there is the S3, V1/V2, and H-3. Do you know which one?

Slade

Im not sure which one it is, it is a Borg Warner turbo and oither than that, I dont remember. It is at home right now so I will look at it tuesday if I can. I dont think the A/R is marked tho if I recall right, not sure. Ill check it out and let yall know!
Matt

theres two A/R numbers..one ofr the turbine, and one for the compressor. I have a TO4B by AiResearch. The compressor A/R is on the inside oFthe outlet on the compressor. Some are on the side. The A/R on my turbine housing is on the edge of the inlet flange I believe. As far as the wheel Trims. iahvent a clue how to distinguish those yet. Havent found a place that tells ya.

Back