A poorly aimed arrow.

drag-200stang

2K+
VIP
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2021
IMG_1646 (2).JPG
Results in me finding it and putting it to use. I first made a wood pattern of a knight style horse head, to go with the Mustang theme. Wife said ''I thought that you had a mustang, that looks like a Gremlin'' I told her to get back in the kitchen. See came out with a big butcher knife. ''Here's your pattern''.
Rules now require a trans. blanket, so to get it to fit the new mount was raised up, the reverser lever on the trans. was made new and moved away for room for blanket. I raised up the detent for more positive detention between forward, neutral and reverse. New cam levers were made with better angles, old would over center making it hard to un shift. Old levers were murder on the hands, light weight but no surface area. This new carbon fiber and polyester mother of pearl shifter is 1/3 lighter and is smoother. It looks really good. Pictures jack up the proportions It will look nice back in the car with black interior. Oh yeah! I bought the trans. form Jack Roush 46 years ago.
If you click on it and blow it up, you can see much better detail.

Last edited:
Anybody that wants to make their own custom gun grips or knife ''scales'' I can recommend LS Grips in MO. Very nice material.
The 1/4'' diamond plate carbon fiber came from McMaster- Carr. Nice looking but had a slight bend on one end. I used that to my advantage. The levers needed to be splayed away from each other to make room for thick fire rated, now required gloves, so less angled bonded spacers where needed. The linkage was complements of a hunter who lost an arrow on my property.

Thank you, CNC, I am really happy how it turned out. All levers are spaced 3-1/4'' apart, but in the pics, it makes them look close together. There is some pics in the turbo section that I TTTed up you can look at, of course it is not back together yet :(. But progress is being made. Plan on making a nicer bell-trans. cover, black door panels and black light weight carpeting.

Last edited:
Something new to me, I had to make a 1/2'' hex hole in the 1/2'' thick at that point 7075-T6 new reverser lever. Did not want to buy a broach for one time. Made one out of a part of a 1/2'' allen wrench. Ground it with series of tapered cutting edges with a 3''hand cutoff wheel. Drilled a tight 1/2'' hole in the lever and pounded the homemade broach back and forth about a thousand times. Well, it worked and surprisingly the fit came out tight and straight.

nct9302g.png
The forward, reverse, neutral shaft was leaking and there was too much slop in the bore for the O-ring to seal, so I made a new shaft for a better fit it all areas. The oem shaft pilot end rode on the threads for the end plug, I fixed that by machining a proper bearing into the plug end, now shifts easy no play. But now I have to weld and redrill detent bracket because of the loss of slop ha ha.

Last edited:
Back