'65 inline 6 Muffler

I have an line 6 with Clifford Header, dual exhaust with quiet Flowmaster Turbos and it's way too quiet for all the work I've done. Old guy here don't want to go stupid loud, just wanna hear a little more throaty bite when I push her down. Thinking glasspaks...product of 70's here. Suggestions from the pros?

I have the dual flowmaster 40's setup and they're just right for me.
I had Vance and Hines on my bike... pulled em cuz they'd wake the neighbors. My stang is pleasant, but rumbly below 2k.

Try a turbo tube or a pair of turbo tubes if you are doing duals. They are in a glasspack case, but are built like a turbo muffler inside. Get a fairly big diameter case with 2" or 2.5" in and out tubes. They sound like a glasspack, but are not near as loud. They have a nice low frequency burble & don't get raspy when you get on it.
Thx

Try a turbo tube or a pair of turbo tubes if you are doing duals. They are in a glasspack case, but are built like a turbo muffler inside. Get a fairly big diameter case with 2" or 2.5" in and out tubes. They sound like a glasspack, but are not near as loud. They have a nice low frequency burble & don't get raspy when you get on it.
Thx...probably gonna go that way instead of short Cherry Bombs!!! Truly appreciate input!

A favorite for a built six's drone-control with a strong rumble at idle to cruise and wakes up when punched are 'Smithy' mufflers. Mellower than most glasspacks, they get loud but not raspy.

have fun

Choosing a muffler is like choosing a set of speakers. Everyone hears or likes something different.

Your best bet would be to try and find a good muffler shop in your area who deals with classics. Sometimes they will help you decide and maybe weld one or two on for you to try.

no welds - the 'newer' "Band Clamp" allows a quick try w/o damage or dent. U can even return if the motor is tuned/runs clean
AND
U don't leave on long.
Listen on a streamin vid? a phone, or puter screen Nah, never trust it. Gotta go "in person" from driver's seat (not necessarily drivin tho) and from out of the car. Just takes a few sec to really know.
Even verbal description can't do. However they sure can narrow down the selection field...
Me? everything's stainless from head out now. Nxt step is to try a buncha turbos (performance + sound...my balancing act).

Magnaflow straight through 12 or 18" long. I have the 18" on my 65 and it is not too loud but louder than the turbo muffler I swapped out

"..Thinking glasspaks...product of 70's here..."
use what we did - as said above - 'cherry bombs'
(they still make 'em)

Way back 15 years ago a previous member had a pair of Borlas on a 200 on a Mercury Cyclone. They are pricy, but the sound was close to a V-8. The member was okefinoke swamp. Excuse my spelling.

Here is my setup.

Attachments

• classic slides (2 of 60).jpg
    classic slides (2 of 60).jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 8
  • classic slides (6 of 60).jpg
    classic slides (6 of 60).jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Hooker20Header2020X20Pipe_zpsr4029grc.jpg
    Hooker20Header2020X20Pipe_zpsr4029grc.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 5
Back