Wanted 4.9l block

66f250

Anybody in southern Wisconsin have a 4.9l block or lower end they want to part with? Talked to the machine shop today, and they informed me when they were cleaning up my block they found a crack in the back where the bell housing bolts to the engine. They think the truck it came out of may have been in an accident. So I'm on the hunt. By the way would a 300 block work. Or does It have to be a 4.9l? It will be a carbureted engine going into a 67f100 2wd.
Thanks, Joe.

An actual 4.9 block may command a little more money than an older block. If you're using a mechanical fuel pump you won't need to make any modifications as you would on a later 4.9 (87 up) block.
Btw you can use a 240 block also, as they are the same

Anybody in southern Wisconsin have a 4.9l block or lower end they want to part with? Talked to the machine shop today, and they informed me when they were cleaning up my block they found a crack in the back where the bell housing bolts to the engine. They think the truck it came out of may have been in an accident. So I'm on the hunt. By the way would a 300 block work. Or does It have to be a 4.9l? It will be a carbureted engine going into a 67f100 2wd.
Thanks, Joe.
Hi Joe, I would just weld up that block you already have, those Bell Housing Mounting Boss's aren't that critical of a strength area. Best of luck

Ok so we decided to pin the end of the cracks then weld them up. I asked “if this was yours what would do? He said pin it just like you would a head then weld it up.” The cracks are located behind where the flywheel goes so you won’t see them.

Back