223 I6 Manual

A

Anonymous

I have come to a pont that I need to do major repair to my Ford 223 I6 (in my Edsel)and I think the first step should be to get a great manual, which will help me with my coming "trials and adventure".
:shock:
I have worked on engines in the past, so I am not a complete newbie, but I have never worked on this type of engine, so I am looking for a manual that will take me through a normal rebuild, but not really high performance type info. Something that will give me enough detail that I won't have to rush to this forum with ever little thing!
:nono:
I want to do it right the first time, but I will be learning as I go.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a great manual for the Ford 223 I6? (And where I might find it!)
:unsure::

Search eBay or Google for the 1959 shop manual. You can find originals and reprints. I think I paid $40 for my 58 manual (new reprint) but have seen orginals go for 10-80 on eBay. It's super thick has lots of useful info, even though it covers all Ford engines for the specific year.

Are you refering to the car's shop manual (in this case 1959 Edsel Shop Manual)?

If so I already own that and I have found it both lacking and incorrect in many circumstances. I was looking for a specific manual for this model of Ford inline six engine. I have seen similar manuals for flat-heads and V8s, but never I6s, from the late 50s early 60s.

I agree this is a very good manual "general" manual, however I am looking for something more details and more specific to the Ford I6 engine and its rebuild. I have the Motor's manual and it is sparce on details.

I would rather have some thing that wil guide me through my first rebuild of a 223 I6.

;)

EdselDude:

Did you find a manual, for the 223? If not I could hook you up with a guy that I know that sells them.

EdselDude":2g4b3rqv said:
I have come to a pont that I need to do major repair to my Ford 223 I6 (in my Edsel)and I think the first step should be to get a great manual, which will help me with my coming "trials and adventure".
:shock:
I have worked on engines in the past, so I am not a complete newbie, but I have never worked on this type of engine, so I am looking for a manual that will take me through a normal rebuild, but not really high performance type info. Something that will give me enough detail that I won't have to rush to this forum with ever little thing!
:nono:
I want to do it right the first time, but I will be learning as I go.

Does anyone have a suggestion of a great manual for the Ford 223 I6? (And where I might find it!)
:unsure::
ORDER DIRECT FROM FORD MOTOR 1954-1955 FORD TRUCK SHOP MANUAL. HAS COMPLETE REPAIR/REBUILD INFO AS WELL AS ALL ENG SPECS IN BACK OF MANUAL.

Back