All Small Six Twisted heater hoses ?

This relates to all small sixes

Ironhorse

Hello. Replacing my heater hoses on my stock 200 and am wondering how many of you are twisting them around each other between the heater core and carb heater as shown in the shop manual - see below. I think running parallel to each other and attached by zip straps would look better. I can only guess the twist is to stiffen the long hose to keep it from flopping around in the wind. Appreciate the input.

Attachments

• FDE3127D-2EFE-436B-A3AC-2BADA5259437.jpeg
    FDE3127D-2EFE-436B-A3AC-2BADA5259437.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 24
The shop manual way is to have a longer distance, to make a larger radius on the bend and not so tight of bend. Going over like the pic shows keeps the hose farther away from the hot exhaust heat. The twist just happens..keep in mind that the engine torques around a lot and to ridgid can work on the heater .

Last edited:
Thanks Drag-200. Totally makes sense now that you mention it. The twist definitely keeps lower hose well away from exhaust manifold.

i ran mine a bit like the lower but w/more extreme (onto the pass's inner fender). There's a few right angles w/molded and a GM hose fender hanger. No carb water heater, silicone, headers. The last is Y the fender route (plus I don't want them on the engine).

BTW: any1 having trouble clickin ona 'notofication' from our site (in their inbox) and v e r y long upload to get here? This message never connected me, hada go thru front page.

Back