All Small Six Rear Tire Issues

This relates to all small sixes
I bought a pack of bushings for the whole car about a couple of weeks ago. I haven’t replaced them yet.

New is the way to go, but in my younger years when I had more time than money I would swap the left and right springs (usually front only but sometimes rear as well). Reason was after all the years with most cars being a single driver the left side sags slightly, swapping springs puts the sag on the right hand side, which makes the car level when the single driver is in it. These days I just buy new springs lol.

Maybe I should put new springs on a Christmas list somewhere lol. But thanks for letting me know an alternative.

Decided to have pretty much the whole family sit in and on the back of the car and found where it’s rubbing specifically. Checked both rear fenders to match the shaving and the one in the picture is shaved less. Some minor shaving can fix the problem but regardless, new leaf springs won’t hurt.

Attachments

• C88ED4D5-145B-4E99-A96B-380F6AF81492.jpeg
    C88ED4D5-145B-4E99-A96B-380F6AF81492.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
I just got a set of Energy Suspension bushings to go in my 67. Maybe some polyurethane bushings are in your future? I haven't touched the kit yet. It will be one that I piece meal work on here and there.

I do like the look of your upgraded wheels though. My stock tires seem to tuck in so much, like the rear of a minivan.

I believe the bushings I bought are polyurethane. Thought it was a good investment if I’m going street/strip with the car.

The tire set up does look pretty good. With your 67, it’ll look killer too.

Back