Nitrous Troubleshooting

MandarinaRacing

Famous Member
Hey guys!
Went drag racing today at the local track. Did some very good qualifying passes until my radiator decided not to co-operate. Did some repairs courtesy of JB Weld and got it fixed, it was a very hot day today.
When I went for my first race I hit the juice and the car nosed over, started sputtering and missing. It felt like too much gas was going in. First two qualifying runs I was using 5.5 lbs of fuel pressure, I tried turning it down a bit (5lbs) and nothing, a little bit less and it got worse. needless to say I was pretty much done for the day.
I checked timing, plug gaps, bottle pressure and they were all good. When I was driving home from the track, I went to pass a truck and the car hessitated, and then it picked up. It sure feels like I've got some carb problems, and/or a clogged nitrous filter. I can't remember what jets I'm using or what power valve right now, but the thing that puzzles me is that the car was running fine the last two times I went to the track, I didn't even mess with it from the last time to today, it just sat in the garage.
Oh well....we'll see how it goes!

Alex

Been the clogged filter route myself, lost $50.00 to Harley once because of it. If the nitrous solenoid is not opening, you may need to use a relay, the gas will open, but the nitrous one needs more amps to open. I've been there too, opens in the pits, but not on the track.

Back