Wanted Looking for a t10 bellhousing

Paparo

In need of a t10 bell housing for mounting up to a 68/69 ford 200 . Let me know , thank you

Last edited:
Since a T10 is interchangeable with Ford 3 and 4 speed toploaders, any 67-73 200 bellhousing should do.

I'm not familiar with small block six T10 swaps but seems to indicate Toploader original pre'65 narrow pattern is same as T10 but Ford stopped using narrow pattern bellhouse before Ford 200 used the Toploader bellhouse - with the wide pattern only.

here's some info gleaned (ripped off?) an old hot rod forum:

... Ford built their own trans because they were having breakage in the T-10s with their big gun motors and designed the toploader 4 speed (they already had the top loader three speed I believe) to address that problem. Plus get the trans money back in house. The ford bolt pattern was a narrow pattern that the Ford T-10s had and Ford used that same pattern when they first came out with the top loader. But for some reason Ford decided they needed more stability at that point and started a wider bolt pattern I think around 1965. If you do some research on the Ford toploaders you'll see dual bolt patterns, both narrow and wide, on most if not all toploaders but, I believe and I may not be correct, but I believe the Ford T-10 only had the narrow pattern. I also can't say, since I never really looked into it, if the ford bellhousings after the switch used both bolt patterns or if they just changed to the wide bolt pattern after late '64/'65??? If you have or use a Ford T-10 I'm sure you can find a bellhousing for the early bolt pattern.

typical dual pattern 200/170 Toploader & bell;

'71 Maverick C7ZA Toploader bell:

have MANUAL fun

(I never learned to drive an automatic)

Last edited:
Back