All Small Six Engine Building

This relates to all small sixes
Hey All! I have 71 Comet and I have finally gotten all of the engine components to put the engine back together. It is a 3.3L 200 i6. When it comes to degreeing the cam along with finding TDC, is there a way to do it without a a degree wheel or dial? Thank you in advance!

Hey All! I have 71 Comet and I have finally gotten all of the engine components to put the engine back together. It is a 3.3L 200 i6. When it comes to degreeing the cam along with finding TDC, is there a way to do it without a a degree wheel or dial? Thank you in advance!
I don’t think so. I have heard you can find a “ print” online, and print your own, but still need to put it on something. Preferably metal disk would be best. Then you still need a hole for the crank bolt and make sure you can lock it down so it doesn’t move. I don’t know if I would recommend that though, we are talking very small measurements.

If its a near stock rebuild, you wont need a degree wheel. Finding TDC is easy with the head off, put a straight end across #1 piston until you get minimum clearance.

Back