Anybody know how rare Mike's AL heads are?

things getting mixed here?
I should not have mentioned both? (the 1."lrg log” AND 2.“alu" Mike came up with. That the thread is about)?

love ta get that #, John, entered into the lill register we’re creating for the "CI alloy head”.
I looked at it (the head is still wrapped in the plastic it was packed in) and didn't see a number. But I can only see the two ends of the head.

Guess I'm also curious about the topic - is a "Mike" head the same as the Classic Inlines head that Will sold? I suppose there's some history about those somewhere - I wouldn't mind knowing a nutshell version of it. That might be kinda off-topic as far as this thread is concerned though.

“...nutshell... off topic..."
no i dont think so. we’re all tryin to complle info for ‘the record’**. BTW: “I only C the 2 ends...” is perfect from
what I hear. That is where (fire wall side?) the ID # may B. ** this is Y I ask U 2C the number, report it.
Perry’s collecting.

“...same... head..."
no, not from what I understand. Mat (VI) did a whole new run, but here state side (Cali) and based on Mike’s (CI)
design.

“...nutshell... off topic..."
no i dont think so. we’re all tryin to complle info for ‘the record’**. BTW: “I only C the 2 ends...” is perfect from
what I hear. That is where (fire wall side?) the ID # may B. ** this is Y I ask U 2C the number, report it.
Perry’s collecting.

“...same... head..."
no, not from what I understand. Mat (VI) did a whole new run, but here state side (Cali) and based on Mike’s (CI)
design.
I looked again and see a 091 stamped on the end. @1966Mustang - FYI. This is a Classic Inlines head I bought from Will McLearran in 2016.

Is this a "Mike" head as you referenced earlier? I'm really confused with all the names I don't recognize.

CI Al Head.jpg

Last edited:
I looked again and see a 091 stamped on the end. @1966Mustang - FYI. This is a Classic Inlines head I bought from Will McLearran in 2016.

Is this a "Mike" head as you referenced earlier? I'm really confused with all the names I don't recognize.

View attachment 20877
I want to say that's where the 009 is stamped in my head when I get back in the shop I'll pull it out of the cabinet & take a picture .

You have any pictures down the intake or exhaust ports? I like to see them if you do so I can have an idea how much porting work was did to my head . Just looking it looks like a lot .
The only thing I know for sure about it is that the chambers measure out at 46 cc .

Attachments

• 20240404_102636.jpg
    20240404_102636.jpg
    963 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240404_102802.jpg
    20240404_102802.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240404_102959.jpg
    20240404_102959.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 5
I want to say that's where the 009 is stamped in my head when I get back in the shop I'll pull it out of the cabinet & take a picture .

You have any pictures down the intake or exhaust ports? I like to see them if you do so I can have an idea how much porting work was did to my head . Just looking it looks like a lot .
The only thing I know for sure about it is that the chambers measure out at 46 cc .
Wayne, I don't have photos and can't take any -- the thing is still packed in the cardboard and plastic it came in 8 years ago, and I want to keep it that way until I'm ready to install it. Sorry. I should be ashamed of myself for not putting it on the car.

sure John. Your item, U do as U like, no need to feel anything from outside pressure. I’m into documentation, posterity, science, the site, etc. AND... “Yes” if from ’16 I’d say that is from the CI produced heads, not VI. Notice Perry has built a thread around some optimals for that head going onto a motor ‘by commettee'...

This “Mike” founded Classic Inlines, Will was shutting down due to his death. He formed this site as well. "Mike Winterborer” (I think is the spelling) must have had real separation btwn family and wrk/his pleasure - as well. (I got the last “middy” header (a lill long 4 ‘shorties’ but defiantly not long tube). They had -0- info. Mike left very lill info on anything (computer keys to keep the site running, info on vendors he sold stuff to us, the heads, etc). After Will’s assistance Mat (Vintage Inlines) collected left over inventory (his goal - continue production of the CI alloy head) from AZ, trucked it back to MI and began servicing the site’s prts needs (ford6 is mostly bout engines) and a few others who found VI. He researched and produced... brought to market, some heads. Covid hit and changed that sector of the industry (a sm retailer, small casting from small foundry, etc).

Perry isa guy who makes this site possible today. He’s our IT guy (& much more) has that lill skunk ridin the bomb down, handle “1966 mustang”
[IMG alt="1966Mustang"]https://fordsix.com/data/avatars/s/30/x30193.jpg,q1611801785.pagespeed.ic.6JjUbjnMah.png[/IMG]1966Mustang

Last edited:
sure John. Your item, U do as U like, no need to feel anything from outside pressure. I’m into documentation, posterity, science, the site, etc. AND... “Yes” if from ’16 I’d say that is from the CI produced heads, not VI. Notice Perry has built a thread around some optimals for that head going onto a motor ‘by commettee'...

This “Mike” founded Classic Inlines, Will was shutting down due to his death. He formed this site as well. "Mike Winterborer” (I think is the spelling) must have had real separation btwn family and wrk/his pleasure - as well. (I got the last “middy” header (a lill long 4 ‘shorties’ but defiantly not long tube). They had -0- info. Mike left very lill info on anything (computer keys to keep the site running, info on vendors he sold stuff to us, the heads, etc). After Will’s assistance Mat (Vintage Inlines) collected left over inventory (his goal - continue production of the CI alloy head) from AZ, trucked it back to MI and began servicing the site’s prts needs (ford6 is mostly bout engines) and a few others who found VI. He researched and produced... brought to market, some heads. Covid hit and changed that sector of the industry (a sm retailer, small casting from small foundry, etc).

Perry isa guy who makes this site possible today. He’s our IT guy (& much more) has that lill skunk ridin the bomb down, handle “1966 mustang”
[IMG alt="1966Mustang"]https://fordsix.com/data/avatars/s/30/x30193.jpg,q1611801785.pagespeed.ic.6JjUbjnMah.png[/IMG]1966Mustang
Thanks Chad! That clears things up for me. Now I need to find the thread Perry built around some optimals for that head going onto a motor ‘by commettee'.

“...find the thread Perry built around some optimals for that head going onto a motor..."
yeah, many of our ex spirts ("an ‘ex' is a has been, a ‘spirt' is a spray of water”) gave some
very good ideas/help to wrkin w/ the VI? CI? head for "best practices”. The ideas may wrk w/both.
I dont think there’s a great deal different. Read the thread for detail~

it’s top of 1 of the Index pages (we suggested he bring it out front)
Good luck John. CU here, thnx 4 ur posts !

Last edited:
“...find the thread Perry built around some optimals for that head going onto a motor..."
yeah, many of our ex spirts ("an ‘ex' is a has been, a ‘spirt' is a spray of water”) gave some
very good ideas/help to wrkin w/ the VI? CI? head for "best practices”. The ideas may wrk w/both.
I dont think there’s a great deal different. Read the thread for detail~

it’s top of 1 of the Index pages (we suggested he bring it out front)
Good luck John. CU here, thnx 4 ur posts !
I just read through that whole thread. Interesting stuff. It's more slanted toward a 500 hp turbo 200 though. I was hoping for a little more basic info like the best head gasket to use, ... I guess when I get motivated I'll muddle through it. Cheers and thanks, John

“...when I get motivated..."
like last comment to U, it’s yours and U should do it as you wish. There are other ways than
a “...500 hp turbo 200...” so lets concentrate on those instead. I for one - head YOUR way / style
too, plenty others here as well. We can manage ‘differently’.
I’ll keep my eyes open for it~

Back