309 six swap

I have a 1996 F250 which a previous owner removed a 5.8 V8 and put in a 300 six.
It starts but does not run right. What do I need as far as sensors or wiring / computer do I need to make her run right?

I have a 1996 F250 which a previous owner removed a 5.8 V8 and put in a 300 six.
It starts but does not run right. What do I need as far as sensors or wiring / computer do I need to make her run right?
For a maf motor you will need all of the sensors, if are not sure you can get an older speed density ecm which will work good with minimal sensors, 87 to 91 would be the best option

As far as i know an emission delete or lack of wont cause the 87 to 91 to lock timing and run rich, but i would have to verify

As far as i know an emission delete or lack of wont cause the 87 to 91 to lock timing and run rich, but i would have to verify
'90 factory ECM/ MAP runs well with emissions deleted, mixtures stay correct, economy improved and excellent.

My 87 f350 with the full emission delete still rocks normal fueling and has ignition advance without the quarterhorse installed but dies have the check light

Back