All Small Six 221/260 Valve Retainers

This relates to all small sixes

TrickSix

I'd been casually looking for a set of the "Book" recommended 221/260 valve retainers with absolutely no luck for several years. They are for sure not very common. For something to do during lockdown, I stepped up my efforts and finally found some. And, as is so often the case, when it rains it pours. There's another two or three sets of those retainers out in that farmer's grove. My question is, should I go back and get them, or just let them return to the earth out in the woods?

They're one piece, thinner and lighter than the stock retainers. And they fill the need for the OCD... a little.

Yes if you can get them reasonable get them all. Then you could sell or trade them to off to others. Three V8 sets would build 4 six cylinder heads.

You already widened the valve pockets for aftermarket springs so why not use one.

Remember this post?

You actually have a wider spring selection with the Crane 99950 retainer and the 99093 lock.
The Crane 99833 spring will work for most cams.
If you need a little bit more spring use the Crane 96803 spring.

Since you are using an automatic trans I would go to an aftermarket cam and raise the mid range power.

Last edited:
Back