1978 XC Insturments

Teditor

Wondering if there is one fuse for the instruments in a 1978 XC GXL, my fuel, temperature and Oil are not working.
Teditor

I have gone through the wiring diagram in the Gregorys' XC 6 cylinder manual (Mines a 4.1 GXL), there is a common (no 46) Constant voltage relay for instruments, anyone have any idea where this may be located.

Likely attached to the rear of instrument cluster. Small rounded aluminum box with 2 terminals. That's where the one on my 70 1/2 Falcon was.

All US based Ford's from 1932 to 1987, up to an including the Australian so called F100/250/350 (US style F150's here) had a silver IVR points regulator to reduce the 12 volt RMS voltage to around 5 volts for Ford's antiquated gauge sensor scales.

(When the air craft practice fuel gauge cluster came out in the XD Falcon, ZK Fairlane , FC LTD , it changed to a VDO made West German gauge design like the Deloren DMC10 and Holden Camira, but the Australian F100 and Bronco to about 1988 kept the XC Falcon RHD gauge cluster for a few more years.

See the XA and XB gauge cluster details with an example of the IVR in the gas tank gauge. XC is similar

Very interesting, I located a voltage regulator on ebay designed for the XC GXL, hopefully my gauges are still OK, won't know until I get the unit and fit it, thanks to all who offered advice, greatly appreciated.

Back