All Small Six recommended place to buy a crate motor

This relates to all small sixes

olso8383

has anyone had any bought or heard good or bad about S and J Engines I'm looking to do efi with turbo or can you recommend a place to buy or a machine shop in Denver to have mine redone thank you

I guess I'll be the first to suggest Jeff Jones in Fresno

Some of his work

Personally, a friend had a Ford Flathead he rebuilt, a satisfied customer
I have a 200 engine @ his place now, engine was rebuilt in 1980 then put in a shed, water got in and seized the motor. I didn't know what I was doing then, am having him rebuild the block. Also having him modify the head so I can run triple SU carbs

I've been trying to get a refund from Jeff Jones for a month now after purchasing a set of head gaskets on November 5th and receiving a tracking number. They've never shipped. After promising to look into why they weren't shipped, he ghosted me on Facebook and isn't responding to the case I opened with PayPal. I've been very surprised given his seeming popularity within the Ford six community.

Last edited:
Jeff ripped me off a few years ago. He sold me a rebuild engine, only for it to crack and bleed at the water pump mounting area where he brazed a cracked block then painted it over. The head was cracked and stitched at a valve port. He said he would make it right, but he never did. Lots of money down the drain. Dishonest individual, buyer beware.

Back