J code 302 1968 head required ( V8 sorry)

xctasy

5K+
VIP
Looking for a J code 302 4V V8 Windsor style head, not a six cylinder request. For a friend in SC. Anyone got one? ( Mods, please reposition this if it's in the Wrong Place...)

Do you have a head that needs to be repaired/rebuilt or do you not have a head to work with? If you don't have a head your most practical route would be to locate a standard 289 head. They are basically the same. Best of luck to you.

Joe

Looking for a J code 302 4V V8 Windsor style head, not a six cylinder request. For a friend in SC. Anyone got one? ( Mods, please reposition this if it's in the Wrong Place...)
Just in caseā€¦ you do need two for a 302šŸ˜

I've got a set for my 68 Jcode Mustang but I don't want to sell them, I'll check to see if I have any extras.As was said earlier 65-66 289 and 67 small chamber 289 heads are functionally the same, especially if they have the provision for air injection that was the main difference some 289 castings had the provision but some earlier ones didn't all Jcodes had the casting provision even though some weren't drilled and tapped. While chamber size was essentially the same for all the small chamber heads including the 289HP there were minor differences in shape between the Windsor castings and Cleveland castings.

Back