1970 Maverick 170 Cu In Exhaust Manifold Bolts

Wascator

HI, can anyone help with identifying the exhaust manifold bolts for the 1970 170 Cu IN engine? I got this engine free in pieces, and have it together but no exhaust manifold bolts. Several in the center are long, they may be studs, don't know.
I got a bell housing, flywheel, clutch plate and cover, not even sure if it all goes together. Do not have a carb, starter, alternator, or a fan pulley. Yet.

Hi, the Mustang and other classic car vendors sell an exhaust manifold bolt kit. There are two long ones and the rest are the same. Good luck

"...got a bell housing, flywheel, clutch plate and cover, not even sure if it all goes together..."
1st step - I would say - in any new 2U vehicle is ID everything U have. I gota cycle in 5 boxes for 200 bucks (1969 Harley XLCH) 1n i979. Turns out not all went to the same bike.
Look to all the stampings. We can help U C if they all fit, even it's for fords. Maverick hada 170 that yr... Pic would help, at least report the numbers here...

Once U ID then U can C if they are anything that goes together (swapping out different yr components is possible, not all ways desirable, and sometimes NOT possible.)

I like the studs (ARP's a good company, access same place we get 'the Handbook') as it's easier to wrk w/(needs a few retightens as early maintenence).

Often THE answ to all automotive Qs is "What will B the final application of this vehicle?"
"...No carb, starter, alternator, or a fan pulley..."
@ 20 posts U must have gotten 'the Handbook" (Matt at VI) and have lurked enuff 2C the above 'tech archive" @ crossed screwdriver/wrench (big blue bx top line this page). Keep talkin~
(y)

You are right; this is an almost complete but stalled project. Thanks to “virus: working from home” I finally have time to complete some of the things cluttering up my shop. I have no idea what I am going to do with yhis engine.
Great idea about Mustang vendors: I have a much better idea of the manifold bolts now. There are two long studs which also use the outer ends to hold the throttle cable bracket on the 1970 Maverick.
I need to find my reference manual: I am ready to torque the flywheel bolts. I have a CD manual for the six somewhere.

"...get 'the Handbook'and C the above 'tech archive" @ crossed screwdriver/wrench (big blue bx top line this page)..."
buncha Tq specs at the tech archive, all ways look here 1st as it;s easiest (4 me as I gan;t find all the books but know where my 'puter is at all times).
ci/SmallSixSpecs.html#SSgeneral
3rd chart down I bet...

Got the torque spec so thanks for the reminder.I need to get back up to speed on using this great resource!
I am studying if I want to adapt to a modern 5-speed manual. I know I will find help here!

"... a modern 5-speed manual ..."
new thread "WC T-5 to a (yr) 170" might do it.
X has an adapter schematic U might scout out in an earlier thread (search function above).
It can B home made...

We come here to share, save money, problem solve, joke around, support one another...
and
me...
blovaite
:shock:
:unsure: :nono:
:nod:
(y)

Back