HOLLEY SNIPER EFI AUTOLITE™ 1100

I'm super skeptical.

:party: Holley is to be commended for at least having the balls to make another TBi,

this time a frontal lobotomy on an engine that will still have a terrible ignition system. Hopefully, a swapped in Magnetic pickup distributor with a locked off advance will help.

I gotta say, all the idle problems with 1bbl and 2bbl carbs on sixes are ignition and intake related.

A 2-bbl TBi is at least able to be tuned if you could get it to ft on a log head six. A 1 bbl TBi, never.

Anyway,the personal opinions of a fool follow....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80983&p=630088&hilit=holley+sniper#p630088
xctasy":i7wqbryj said:
Carbs have Many Problems.

TBi has only two.

Everything that's Sparked

And everything that's Fueled....

Its amazing. IMHO, Holley has screwed itself over twice.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79820&p=620837&hilit=holley+sniper#p620837

xctasy":i7wqbryj said:
Holley is to be commended for at least having the balls to make a Ball and Ball Dual bbl. It will sell, and be wonderful. Period.

In fact, any Throttle Body EFi will work if you can fit it, Holley has indeed made the whole package, which is designed to fix one engineering mess up, the small cap Duraspark, by fitting this Band Aid.

Did you miss this bit re the upgrades for ignition.

Ok probably an option but its available

Not only does the Sniper EFI offer superior throttle response and WOT power over the carburetor, but you can also gain timing control!

Yeah, if you lock the igntion or spend on other things in addition to the 39 things required. And it still ends up being a 1 bbl log head with one injector that doesnt have a cam. Its a joke. A sick, expensive joke. But dont let me poo hoo an advance that steps backwards four steps.

What should have happend was a proper BBD Sniper that replaces every 1 bbl Autolite 1100, 1101, Holley 1940/45/46 and Carter YF/YFA. What a waste of great 2 bbl TBi by dumbing it down to a purile 1bbl TBi.

A Tempo TBi or K car TBi would have its a$$ for 650 dollars less and tie in with TFi or Duraspark/ Chrysler solid state. Shake my head, ive got old codgers disease...

Yeah, if you lock the igntion or spend on other things in addition to the 39 things required. And it still ends up being a 1 bbl log head with one injector that doesnt have a cam. Its a joke. A sick, expensive joke. But dont let me poo hoo an advance that steps backwards four steps.

What should have happend was a proper BBD Sniper that replaces every 1 bbl Autolite 1100, 1101, Holley 1940/45/46 and Carter YF/YFA. What a waste of great 2 bbl TBi by dumbing it down to a purile 1bbl TBi.

A Tempo TBi or K car TBi would have its a$$ for 650 dollars less and tie in with TFi or Duraspark/ Chrysler solid state. Shake my head, ive got old codgers disease...

I asked Holley if they plan on an 1101 (large log)version, doesn't seem likely. I did get this info as well :

This unit will handle the CFM needs of that engine we have tested it thoroughly on 200ci engines. It flows about 280cfm so even 300ci sixes won’t run out of air in their normal operating range under 4000 RPM.

Hello all! Long time no see!

I’m very intrigued about the newest Holley sniper replacement system for the Autolite 1100! I’ve built a 1966 200 with a milled 1969 large log head, I had been using a 1.79 large venturi manual-choke Autolite body with a pony carbs top. Does anyone have any idea if the new sniper would flow more or less than the Franken-autolite? :cool:

i sent holley an email about the possibility of this system being set up to run three one barrel tbi's i hope to hear back in a few days.

rbohm":ekzoz7u9 said:
i sent holley an email about the possibility of this system being set up to run three one barrel tbi's i hope to hear back in a few days.

Hopefully it wont have all the bad bits pointing out the wrong way which so spoils the BBD Sniper as a Triple TBi system. AutoTech EFi tend to hook its systems into a Holley HP multipoint computer like 67sixstang's.

I guess it will work, but its gonna be a very expensive system X 3.

sniper1bbl_02.jpg

Hopefully it can be turned like the Swather 200 carbs are when hooked to a governer.

IMG_2388_zpsws26kszn.jpg

rbohm":1cgwjr3l said:
It will work if two of the throttle bodies are slave units containing only the injector.

xctasy":gaofqst1 said:
rbohm":gaofqst1 said:

Hopefully it wont have all the bad bits pointing out the wrong way which so spoils the BBD Sniper as a Triple TBi system. AutoTech EFi tend to hook its systems into a Holley HP multipoint computer like 67sixstang's.

I guess it will work, but its gonna be a very expensive system X 3.

we shall see. as to the expense, it might be worth it given that the system is self learning and self tuning.

FiTech came out with a Tri Power system a while back.
The center throttle body has all the sensors and the control module as normal while the end two throttle bodies are slaves units and only contain the injectors.

The same holds true for the 2 x 4 systems.
One of the units is the controller and the other unit only contains injectors.

The Holley sniper would need to have the same arrangement.
One complete control throttle body and two slave throttle bodies with only an injector.

You cannot have multiple EFI systems competing against each other on the same intake manifold.

You could make you own system if they were willing to sell you throttle bodies with only injectors, no control module or sensors.
The injectors on the slave throttle bodies get wired in parallel to the injector in the control throttle body.

Unless its the Cross Fire Twin TBi from the Corvette and Camaro or the AutoTrend EFi, a triple 94/97 or Rochester 2G with a redrilled base MAP sensor and six injectors.

The MOATB (Mother of All Throttle Bodies) is a custom aftermarket Crossfire has the base idle set by a common drilling.

Three TBI units seems like an expensive way to keep the distribution differences, when port injection is pretty close in price.

Firepower354":1p5a6mlf said:
Three TBI units seems like an expensive way to keep the distribution differences, when port injection is pretty close in price.

We're talking small six log head not 240/300 head with separate intake manifold.

In order to get even air distribution along with increased air flow the log head needs to be modified for 3 inlet holes anyway.
It's been done but installing 6 injectors in a cast iron log head is not easy.

By comparison three throttle bodies is not a bad way to go.

pmuller9":2wcvmy46 said:
Firepower354":2wcvmy46 said:

We're talking small six log head not 240/300 head with separate intake manifold.

In order to get even air distribution along with increased air flow the log head needs to be modified for 3 inlet holes anyway.
It's been done but installing 6 injectors in a cast iron log head is not easy.

Three throttle bodies is not a bad way to go by comparison.

pmuller is right. while the injector bungs are available through accel as i recall, the machine work to install them properly, and the necessary welding to lock them in place makes the job that much more difficult. and then you have to fabricate a fuel rail, or two, or three depending on how you set the system up. or perhaps you can find the clips and fittings that allow flexible lines to be installed on each injector individually, it has been done. but then you need to figure a way to hold each injector into the bung individually, as opposed to a hold down mount for the fuel rails which do the same thing.

add to that the electronics you plan to use, and you are fast approaching what the holley sniper system would cost to purchase, including the extra throttle bodies possibly, i havent priced them out yet. and then you still need to deal with the ignition system on top of that. and you STILL dont have a throttle body to control the airflow into the engine. add in the sensors you plan on using, and you can see the costs adding up, along with the complexity of the system.

EFI is going to be costly any way you choose to go, both in money and time on these small sixes. remember that you will still pay about $400 for a megasquirt PCM, and likely wont get an ignition controller with it, and you still have to build your own wiring harness for the system. so anyway you look at it, you are going to be around $1000 or so invested in an EFI system.

rbohm":1lmay3sh said:

:unsure: This would be an interesting set up. Being able to eliminate the ‘pleasure’ of carb adjustments on a triple would be enjoyable.

Of course, the small six is the topic.

Cutting the stock log open for a single 2v carb is a proven gain, and TBI should follow, and besides that 3-carb wow factor, perform similarly. Best bang/buck ratio, I'd bet.

With the machining and parts for a 3x1 it's a much smaller step to port injection. Injector bungs are all over now, cheap, and not much more than a 14mm hole, stepped to a clearance hole. Or buy the $120 form tool and make them how you like. Blank rail is cheap, and can hold the injectors in.

Folks have cut the whole dumb log off for decades. One may be able to mount an adapter plate and run an AU intake, even. Or something fabbed, to give runner length.
[image]https://bangshift.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/manifold4.jpg[/image]

Despite being fairly sure I was conceived in the back of a new '65 GTO, the hassle of 3 air entries seems needlessly complicated. Different tweaks for different freaks, though.

its not teh cost of the bungs and blank fuel rail, its the cost of machining them and installing them thagt hits teh pocket book.

rbohm":2hes2j6d said:
That's where my head went. I was going to email them as well. Please post the response.

Back