HOLLEY SNIPER EFI AUTOLITE™ 1100

Somebody's gotta go first! Did anyone buy this thing and bolt it on? Did I miss that in the thread?

Pro: I mean, if someone doesn't want to deal with a 1100/1 carburetor, then this $750 (expensive imo) TBi might be just the ticket. Turn the key, it starts. IF it works with an HEI, then it makes a weekend cruiser reliable.

Con: For me, I'm working on my 66 Bronco, and I assume that most of us would have to buy the fuel pump/tank, lines, fittings, etc. It's a $1,800 -$2,000 project.

Think I'd rather work toward a 2V Conversion on a solid rebuilt large manifold with a Weber. Like y'all say 'we I6's got breathing problems.'

But who knows until one of us try it.

In my OPIN I think the above EFI system plus it's required higher pressure fuel system dosent have to cost all that much if you can do it yourself you should be able to do the install for about $850.00 to $1100.00 total depending how you plan to do your EFI fuel pump install. Though you can go all out for the best of the best with a new EFI fuel tank custom made for your vechical with the required baffling and internal fuel pump and yes then you might be at that $1800.00 to $2000.00 total in parts. But the fuel supply requirements for this TBI are much more modest and there are number of other ways to do an EFI fuel system and several at a much lower cost, below are some of these much lower cost EFI fuel systems. The above system can work with any of the ignitions used on a small six, DuraSpark II, HEI, and CD type ignistions.

Mid 1980's Fords that came with the first TBI fuel injection systems used an external fuel pump of Aprox. 60 PSI, you could mount one of the these pumps at the rear close to your stock fuel tank run a new high pressure fuel line up to the new fuel inject unit and a return line back to tank this would be one of the lowest cost fuel system.

Next up would be to use a fuel injection surge tank at around $155.00 to $226.00 (see below for just two examples) you will still keep your stock fuel tank installed, the Surge Tank could have internal fuel pump (best system) or an external pump (these can cost as little as $27.00). If you a good welder you could even make you own Surge tank system.

Additional parts you will need are one high pressure fuel pump, in some cases also one low pressure fuel pump, high pressure rated fuel line, and some mounting hardware, the install shouldn't take very long to do it this way. The low pressure fuel pump transfers the fuel from the stock gas tank up into the Surge tank where the high pressure fuel pump then supply's it to the fuel injection TBI the excess fuel is returned back into the stock gas tank its a very simple system. I have seen severial of these Surge tank systems used lately most used on cars are mounted in the cars trunk out of sight. Have also seen one were it was mounted up front in the engine compartment. In that type of install you could up unhook the fuel line at the carb and run it over to the surge tank using the stock engine mounted fuel pump for the supply, then with a short run of high pressure fuel line going from the EFI fuel pump over to the TBI unit that would be a very fast install too. For saftey any electric fuel pump should have a switch controlling it either by the engines oil pressure or one such as all late model cars use for collision impact. (y) :nod:

$155.00 3 Liter Fuel injection Surge Tank for External Pumps
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074M ... 2e6050ac2a

$226.00 2.5 Liter Fuel Injection Surge Tank for Internal Fuel Pump
https://www.aeroflowperformance.com/fue ... surge-tank

Back