Getting rid of carb spacer.

Tighthead123

I took off 1bbl carb and replaced with Weber 2bbl on my 200 3.3 I want to get rid of stock carb spacer so I can put stock air cleaner back on. The coolant hoses On the spacers I can just join together But what can I do with vacuum line that runs to valve cover?

have a read through my adventure doing that =)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80154

I also have a thread on the linkage woes I had until I bought a bell crank from Redline.

DrC

Thanks. I ordered the connector mentioned. Trying to find correct adaptor for intake. The one I have turns the carb at a weird angle. Any suggestions where I might find one. I tried classic inline, eBay, redline.

Mine is from vintage inline. Bolted right on.

I looked on their site but the bolt pattern looked like it would still install carb at a slanted angle. Do you know your part number, assuming you used a Weber.

I think the issue you're having is that you're envisioning the orientation of the Carb in a specific manner.
Here's the original carb orientation:
20190514_212215.jpg

Here is a pick of the kit I got from VI (Carb and all together), the orientation shown is the same I installed it, looking from the view above.
20190623_132619.jpg

Here's a pic of the spacer, by itself
20190623_132705.jpg

and Here's the video of it installed but before I hooked it up correctly. So please don't hookup the PCV like i did =)
https://youtu.be/NkmMzC02eSw

Yeah I just don’t know how you got it to sit straight when the holes to install the spacer after taking stock carb spacer off turn it weird. I am worried about linkage really and not looks. I am just going to install slanted and see.

Back