Aussie 250 parts vs American 250 parts.

JTHooperg3

What parts actually cross over? Obviously the heads manifolds etc don’t match. What short block parts match. Oil pans, main bearings, front/rear main seals, lifters, cam, crank, rods, timing gears/chain? What works and what doesn’t.

JTHooperg3":3l43s0q1 said:
What parts actually cross over? Obviously the heads manifolds etc don’t match. What short block parts match. Oil pans, main bearings, front/rear main seals, lifters, cam, crank, rods, timing gears/chain? What works and what doesn’t.

The oil pan, main bearings, cam, crank, and timing gears/chain are different between the AU Crossflow and the US 250. The rods are the same length, and US pistons can be used in the Crossflow. The deck height between the two engines are different, AU - 9.39”, US - 9.48”, so you have to be careful with the piston recess or your compression could be to high. The bellhousings are different so if you want to run a standard transmission, you’ll have to get one from Australia.

The rocker arms from a 351C or 460 can be used on the Crossflow so you can use roller rockers for these engines with a Crane Cam pedestal kit.

If I can think of anything else, I’ll post.

Where is the best place to run the numbers on my engine, also where to find find parts, besides aussiespeed and Kustombitz.

If you haven't, you should read the article in the Tech Archive where forum member MustangSix rebuilt and installed a Crossflow in his early Mustang.

ci/XFswap.html

Back