Unknown Setup

BigBlue94

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2019
A guy on the fullsize bronco site posted this in my build thread. Unfortunately he hasn't responded to my inquiries about it. Looks very clean and simple and pretty good in my opinion. Anyone recognize it?

b226addeec8aaf3646cb24d178104ddb.jpg

Looks kind of like a slightly updated version of the old Ak Miller setup. You can see the use heavy duty 300 truck exhaust manifold hook up was modified some compared to Ak's early kit were the Turbo flage was welded direct to the HD manifold mounting the Turbo lower. :nod:

Clean kit or custom fabricated. 'Old school' Draw-Thru setup popular til EFI and Blow-Thru became dominant in Turbo aftermarket. With any forced induction , basic compressor is simple part with details of engine fuel/ignition management being the most work.

Nothing wrong with Draw-Thru , just different issues ...

have funm

small block six 250
. .

bubba22349":1tp4qgvd said:
Looks kind of like a slightly updated version of the old Ak Miller setup. You can see the use heavy duty 300 truck exhaust manifold hook up was modified some compared to Ak's early kit were the Turbo flage was welded direct to the HD manifold mounting the Turbo lower. :nod:

I thought the same thing. Kinda similar to what he made, that I've seen.

Though I thought the HD manifold exited straight down?

Yes Ak moded the exhaust manifolds by cutting off the 2 1 / 2 inch flange and welded a plate to direct mount the Turbo mounting it in a lower position, see below links for pictures of an Ak Miller Turbo Kit. They were also a cool looking system but I think the upper one in your pictured might be a bit better design at least on the carb mounting height being a little more direct into the Turbo intake, I do like the way Ak's system mounted the Turbo lower maybe a combo of the two ideas would work good too. Last picture shows Curts56 new draw through system looks like a very good design and it also fits into his 1956 F100 chassis better. :nod:

Curts56 Below Second Post Shows the Original Ak Miller Turbo System

Aka Miller Modds made to the 300 Heavy Duty Exhaust Manifold
http://www.ckdesign-inc.com/images/Turbo/Manifold3.JPG

Plans to Alter the Ak Miller Turbo System
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=78602

Curts56 New Blow Through Turbo System
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79740&start=50#p623764

Curts,

I think your right. $2350 sounds awful expensive for what I’m looking at.

Back