yolocah":2pnwk0an said:
mike jones thoughts on cam selection
cam#F300-I6, H71330-74333-114
228/238@.050"
.330".332 lobe lift
.582"/.532"valve lift
114 LSA

That's good. Mike is right on.

Make sure you use his hydraulic lifters. They have less plunger travel than most which limits lifter pump-up or collapse.

Also have Mike give you the specifications for valve spring presure.
Seat pressure is usually 115 lbs and open pressure around 300 lbs.
He may want more for the more aggressive exhaust lobe

just ordered the cam.
Now what comes first the pistons or the block work. The machinist wants the pistons before he does the 30 over just to make sure on the tolorance. I'll get the rods to him this week.
What do you think of TotalSeal gapless rings?
Thoughts on distributor DUI,Progression Ignition, Pertronix------------ hei or coil
Sparkplugs

Did you order lifters with the cam?

The only info you need right now from the block is the deck height so you can calculate the piston CD and there is a place on the order form for the length of the cylinders.

If your machinist knows for sure that a .030" over piston will get the job done then yes, one he gets the new pistons he can finish honing the cylinders for the correct clearance.

I don't like Total Seal gapless rings.
I use BWE gapless rings. Bruce is the person who made the original gapless rings.
http://bwepistonrings.com/

As far as distributor, are you going to use a carburetor or EFI?

I looked at BWE and i need to be educated once again . What material for the compression and second groove

yolocah":1u8wmrad said:
Holley super sniper efi

You will want the Holley Sniper to control the ignition timing because you will need to retard the timing proportional to boost.
You will want to use the DS2 distributor to trigger the Holley Sniper and have the Holley Sniper trigger a MSD 6AL.
The DS2 will need to have both the mechanical and vacuum advance locked.

Talk to Bruce at BWE about piston ring material.

Ill be curious to see how well it runs i just got my cam isky cams did for me and just waiting on pistons for my procharged 300 build, good luck with yours.

Back