3G 1 wire alternator belt squeal

bubba22349":3t7xd045 said:
:shock: what happened to all the serpentine drive pictures now, spent all that time yesterday putting it all together? :banghead:
hun? yeah, look at that. Not moved to "stickie"?
Perry should know...or may B one of the others? (Joe, Rich, etc)
:unsure:
I get the "blue question marks" all the time.
It's still got what I need: the verbiage one uses to make a prts list or other compilation & recreation.
Can't it be done again & this time moved to a sticky?
Good Luck, sorry Mr. bubba.
That's a real hassle. I do something like that every time I hit close or discard (I forget how I do it) instead of "send" and
wind up re-writing a whole post again....
:devilish:

charliecurrie":26xcogtg said:
I've replaced the small alternator pulley with a larger hipo pulley

I assume you know that doing this also increases the rpm at which the alternator puts out maximum charge - the larger pulley turns the alternator shaft at a slower rate than the smaller "stock" pulleys. So you may not be charging your battery nearly as much at idle as you would with the standard pulley.

Just sayin'

Thank you one and all for your time, input and suggestions. I've resolved my squealy belt issue. It turns out to be mechanic error. I discovered, accidentally, that my pry bar fulcrum was in the wrong place and no matter how much pressure I put on the bar, it was not pulling the alternator far enough alone the bracket to properly tighten the belt. Once I discovered what the issue was, I was able to properly tighten the belt, and just like that, no more squeal.

You don't know what you don't know until you know.

Thanks, again.

Charlie

CC - I saw U on another forum. Was it 'stang, falcon or ford specific?
Glad 2 c U use the same "handle'. I do too (for recognition assistance).
Pretty cool~

Back