Duraspark Distributor

xctasy":1gql93oo said:
B RON CO":1gql93oo said:
Hi, sure, the hard part is putting the little clip back in the groove. Many clips have gone off into orbit and are still circling the earth. Good luck

Need
Another
Spark
Assembly.

Those two references from Un stobbable B Ron the Conquer and my badself were just what a spaceshipAccessory Technician needs right now.

Im off to Launch. Um. Lunch....

Love it! Brings back memories. My Dad called them "Jesus! clips" because they'd sometimes fly off into the dryer socks universe and you'd be left standing there cussing. Haven't thought of that in years :)

I call them OCP's. Orbital Cus'o Parts. Australian Inventor Ralph Sarich invented a low emissions two stroke engine that was put it some 120 Build Own Operate and Trash early 2000s Fiestas. Two strokes and then Ping...its Orbital.

( I had lunch. Didnt help my attempts at humour any. Small Part in the Evolution of the Human Species).

You are still guessing. You can read every link you see & give it a try.
The bottom line is you are still guessing.
I hope you don't damage your engine with too much advance.
When i know all the specs on the engine, i can get the proper centrifugal advance needed for your combo.
Then i can go & properly get the vacuum advance set up as necessary.
I have been doing this for over 50 years.
I also have the Sun Distributor Tester to make sure what i want is what i get.
billythedistributorman@live.com

xctasy":1cq2gzov said:
I call them OCP's. Orbital Cus'o Parts. Australian Inventor Ralph Sarich invented a low emissions two stroke engine that was put it some 120 Build Own Operate and Trash early 2000s Fiestas. Two strokes and then Ping...its Orbital.

( I had lunch. Didnt help my attempts at humour any. Small Part in the Evolution of the Human Species).

:)

Using my old Sun Machine I found there were a few degrees of timing that didn't come in until around 4,500 rpm.
I bent the Duraspark heavy spring tab until it had no slowing effect on the advance curve.
This gave a very noticeable performance improvement.
Later on I got rid of the worn out bushing Duraspark and replaced it with a new HEI.

Back