PILOT BEARING CRANK OR FLYWHEEL

blaze65

HAVE A 200 WITH A 68 BLOCK. REPLACING THE 3.03 TRANS WITH A T5. IS THE PILOT BEARING / BUSHING IN THE FLYWHEEL OR IN THE CRANK. HAVE THE TRANS AND CLUTCH OUT AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS IN THE FLYWHEEL BUT HAVE PURCHASE A NUMBER OF PARTS FROM MODERN DRIVELINE AND THE TELL ME THE PILOT BEARING IS IN THE CRANK.

ANY INFO APPRECIATED

MANY THANKS

Hi, the pilot bushing is in the crankshaft. It will stay in the crankshaft when you take the flywheel off. Good luck

THANKS FOR THE REPLY. IS THERE ALSO A BUSHING IN THE FLYWHEEL ?, HAVE THE CLUTCH OFF AND IT SURE LOOKS LIKE A BUSHING IS THERE.

THANKS AGAIN

No on any flywheel bushing! What your seeing is the crankshafts flange that the flywheel registers on. :nod:

Many Thanks again. Will tear it down tomorrow and check back if I have any issues.

Bill

P.S. > Bearing puller or Bread to get the bearing out ?

What ever you have or can barrow to use, including wheel bearing grease, a piece of close fitting Rod, and hammer can also be used to push it out. Good luck (y) :nod:

If you haven't taken of FW , it may look like the Crank and FW are one piece but the Pilot is surely in the Crank.

Here's a typical FW and Pilot

. .

have fun

Many thanks for the pictures that was a big help. Hope to pull the flywheel off tomorrow night.

Joined this forum in 2008 and am still impressed how helpful and informative this community is. Many thanks again.

FYI - This is all related to putting a 1352-114 T5 into my 200 with a 2.80 rear. Picked up the T5 from Facebook and hoping it still has some hours in it.

Many thanks again

Bill

blaze65":33asoiqi said:
Should have asked. Can I pull the bearing without removing the flywheel ?

Bill
Yes you can.

Is that the 85 SVO WC T5? Thats what I got in mine with the 4.03 1st and .81 5th. I'm now swapping the rear gear to 3 25, the 2.8 is still a dog with the T5

Thanks and yes WC SVO T5. Going to try it and hope I can get some use out of it. Bought off of facebook and it shifts but guy who had it said it was a spare and he never used it. so hoping it will work for a while and I can get some use out of it.

"...Yes you can. ..."
AND
"...including wheel bearing grease..."
some squish the thick pastie bearing grease
in there (thru center hole) till it forces the bearing
out by placing the nozzle nose on the bottom & pumping
:idea:

Back