Double valve springs

I just bought a 2v Australian head and want to replace the 302 valve springs with double springs. Classic inlines used to sell them, but vintage inlines does not. Where can I find them?

:beer: congrats on finding the 2V Australian Head! Many of the cam companies should have them. Try Schneider, Isky, Comp. or get a recommendation from the cam company that you have or plan to use, that works with their grind then you can compare the others. Best of luck (y) :nod:

What is the installed single spring height?
Has the spring locator at the base of the valve guide boss been machined to accept dual springs?

If you don't mind please post a picture with a valve springs removed?

I'm assuming you are still going to use the 280-10 cam?

Yes, I will still be using the Schneider 280 cam. I'm basically just looking to copy everything that was done to my tri-power head since it all worked very well together.
I was constantly pushing my engine past 6000rpm and I don't think that 302 springs would be sufficient. I will take some pictures later tonight. Thanks guys

Please measure the distance from the head surface where the valve spring sits to the bottom of the retainer.
The installed spring height determines what double springs will fit your head.

several of us following here.
Would like to keep communication channels open if you would please.
Many would benifit from it~
(y)

If you go to a double spring the locator casting (Shown by the arrow) at the base of the valve guide will need to be machined down even with the rest of the spring seat.

[image]https://www.dropbox.com/s/7otx9tfkomvwrt2/OZ%20Head%20valve%20seat.jpg?raw=1[/image]

However if the installed spring height can be close to 1.650" there are single springs that offer pressures that will work eliminating the need to machine the locator away.
The distance between the retainer and the spring seat needs to be measured accurately as shown in the following example.

[image]https://cometcentral.com/photos/images/2020/04/27/d1da136ac85e6a4b3d3243d2057a8525.jpg[/image]

I see a pic of the doubles on the tech archive under the pic fr the alu head. Right near where it is set up w/the 6 injectors. C if I can reference it:

ci/images/AlumCylHead/pages/AH025w_jpg.html

yeah, got a lill sorta 'protective' shim or washer underneath it.
= = = = = = = = =
o0OP, I C U hada different Q, sorry, mixed this up w/nother thread, I think. Guy was askin how to machine the VI alu for the 'doubles'.

Back