High Ratio rocker arms for 200 I6

krico123

I have read through The Tread of High ratio rocker arms and was wondering has anyone found someone that make a rocker ratio above 1.65 And have a few questions.
1.If you can make them what parts are needed for making them?
2. Does any company make High ratio rocker arms?
If found rocker arms on Summit but they are for a 240 250 and 300 should they work on a 200 or not and why not

Here is a link to the rockers on summit
Scorpion Race Series Rocker Arms

I'm not aware of anyone making anything above 1.65. There are 2 sources for 1.65: Yella Terra and RAU (Rocker Arms Unlimited). I don't know how many sets RAU actually made and I don't know if they've ever updated their online catalog to include them.

If you want to make your own with available parts, I would recommend looking at the FE rockers. They're basically the same overall length as the small 6 rockers, but are mounted to a larger shaft. So you would need to bush them down to fit. You may also need to look at a different pedestal height. I never did finish screwing around with my drawings to figure out if I had to do that or not.

I'm unsure as to whether or not those would work. You would need to know the overall length of the rockers, and if they're long enough, fab a mounting plate to get those stud mounted rockers to work. This would need to be something similar to the Yella Terra rockers.

krico123":20yc0fo2 said:
...If found rocker arms on Summit but they are for a 240 250 and 300 should they work on a 200 or not and why not ?
Aren't stock sm.i6 rocker assemblies interchangeable (among them all) ?
If so would not the above, for the 250, work on ur 200?
I'd like to know too...

Get as much rocker ratios as you can afford. It makes a big performance boost.

cr_bobcat":4hssw0ih said:
I'm not aware of anyone making anything above 1.65. There are 2 sources for 1.65: Yella Terra and RAU (Rocker Arms Unlimited). I don't know how many sets RAU actually made and I don't know if they've ever updated their online catalog to include them.

If you want to make your own with available parts, I would recommend looking at the FE rockers. They're basically the same overall length as the small 6 rockers, but are mounted to a larger shaft. So you would need to bush them down to fit. You may also need to look at a different pedestal height. I never did finish screwing around with my drawings to figure out if I had to do that or not.

I'm unsure as to whether or not those would work. You would need to know the overall length of the rockers, and if they're long enough, fab a mounting plate to get those stud mounted rockers to work. This would need to be something similar to the Yella Terra rockers.

After looking at the FE rcokers the geromoetry of the end of the rocker look a bit different than the I6 ones also if you have any drawing or any more information about trying to do this please let me know Thank you

Howdy:

250 rockers are interchangeable. They are shaft mounted.
240 and 300 rockers are not interchangeable. They are stud mounted.

What are you planning to do?

Adios, David

In a word no. They are the stud mount type. As stated above you have a shaft type rocker witch is far superior to the stud mounted rockers. :nod:

Back