Will this work?

you can use that to improve chassis stiffness, and it should fit without issue. i need to get one for my 64 falcon one day.

By all means installing this cross brace will tighten up the lower part of the sub-frame just like the cowl to shock tower brace does for the top.

Alright awesome!
One thing now, should i have it between the engine support and shock tower, between the nut and the engine support, or does it not matter?

It bolts to the firewall side of the shock towers, not over or under the motor mounts. It is meant to have a tapered nut, like a lug nut, as it has a taper to the holes. Standard frame motor mount nuts do not have this taper. Bolts go in front to back, with nuts on the firewall side.

Can't be mounted to the motor mount side of the shock tower because of the oil pan sump.

The lower brace bolts to the subframe on both sides right where the pan bolts to the block. The top brace is from the cowl to the shock towers.
Then there is another brace between fenders at the front of the engine but above the engine.

It mounts with the same three bolts that hold the motor mount brackets to the sub frame on each side. Nothing needs drilled.

can't picture it but
does it compromise 'ground clearence' (not that low?)

frozenrabbit":nm0wetkz said:
It mounts with the same three bolts that hold the motor mount brackets to the sub frame on each side. Nothing needs drilled.
Ohh thats what i meant by which order does it go in. So on the backside of the shock tower, gotcha.

Back