Weber Carb Question

tdlund":2do2xshe said:
I know this is late in the post, but can't the autolite 1100 be modified so it doesn't use the spark control valve and be usable with the ds2?

Absolutely, just plug the SCV vacuum port, then use straight manifold vacuum from the intake manifold.

:unsure: Yes In my Opinion it is better to use ported vacuum for a street driven car to get the best in economy and drivability.(y)

Once the throttle opens past idle, there is NO difference between ported and manifold vacuum

Ported Vacuum Advance was a crappy early-emissions-era crutch, and if you don't have an emissions-driven Ignition Advance Curve in your dizzy, or an EGR, A.I.R. Pump, catalytic converter, etc, why bother with it?

Checking and recurving the centrifugal advance curve is easy, weights and springs to do this are readily available, it's easy to do with just a timing light, pliers and a screwdriver. Search here for the desired timing advance specs. Or you can send it off to WSA and he'll do a very good job of it for you.

Once you have a known, non-emissions (i.e., efficiency / performance), use manifold vacuum (like gawd intended) and forget about it.

Back