Wanted Wanted Piston set for G8T engine

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of pistons for my Ford GTB engine. Possibly a +0.020 size

The engine is a military G8T (bore 3.3")

I'm in the process of rebuilding one, and buying parts at the same time for the a second.

Does anyone have a leads?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi Remko, the info I have is that the Ford GTB engine used in those Burma Jeeps is the same as the 1941 to 1947 226 Cu. In. G Series Six Cylinder engines used in Cars, Truck's and Equipment. I know only know of 1 NOS Standard Piston available a Custom set of forged Pistons could be made up to your spec's for about $550.00. The newer 1948 to 1951 H Series is also a 226 Cu. In. with the 3.3 Bore and both of these 226 engines use the same Connecting Rod Piston Pin Bushings so it is very possible that they would use the same Piston sets and Rings, those are available in new sets of Std., .020, .030, .040, .060, or .080 oversize from EGGE Machine Company. https://egge.com/product/egge-piston-set-with-pins-207/
The only difference I know of is that the H series has a slightly higher 6.8 to 1 compression ratio (C.R.) compared to the 6.7 to 1 C.R. of the G Series Six's and this might all be from a little difference in their Head Combustion Chamber CC's.

There are some Manuals available for the different Ford GTB Versions here
https://www.portrayalpress.com/US-Navy-GTB-Illustrated-Parts-Manual-p/gtb-n-p.htm

And there was also a guy named Walter that posted sometime ago that he had Parts for them, see below.

"I have a pretty good selection of GTB mechanical parts. Some of it is used take-off, but the majority of it is NOS still packed in cosmolene I have engine rebuild gasket sets and carb rebuild kits, distrubutors transmission and transfer gears and shafts. Please contact me by private email if you are interested. Also please order by part number if possible as I have cataloged all of the parts by PN. Sorry, no sheet metal." My email is l5driver@verizon.net -- Please note the first character is a lower case "L" and not a one or an "I"

Best of luck on your GTB rebuilds.

Back