New tri Weber engine build.

I was wondering, if some one could pleas help me with the right partnumbers on some things. ARP's part nr for the Rod Bolt kit, headstud kit and mainstud kit for the 200. The right length of std sized D7 valves for proper instaled height of say, 1.8" valvespring s. Some one maybe have a tip of a vendor, willing to ship overseas for suitable beehive springs retainers and locks. Summit and jegs i can get parts from here. Vintage inlines does not ship overseas, others ar a bit unsertan.
Much apresiate any help.

Hello jaan-e, I am also located in europe, I often use myus.com to get parts, they provide you with an address in the US and forward the packages to your home country. This way I was able to order from vintageinlines, maybe it helps you too....

Last edited:
Hello jaan-e, I am also located in europe, I often use myus.com to get parts, they provide you with an addres in the US and forward the packages to your home country. This way I was able to order from vintageinlines, maybe it helps you too....
Great info!
Never heard of before. Will check it out.
Thank's a lot! 👍

So, i've got my block back from the machineshop, bored ,030 over, linehoned mains,. 030. 020 undercut crank, balanced crank, dampener and lightnend flywheel, cut down for Mercedes presureplate. Weightadjusted rods with Arp bolts, Silv-O-Lite 3327 hypereutectic flat tops .020 out the hole. With The standard Felpro headgasket, that would bring a. 030 squish. Aiming for a 10-10.5:1 comp ratio. I'm looking at this cam, would have wanted it with a 110 LCA.

Ford 6 Cylinder
Part # 07-027
144, 170, 200, 250
Grind #
H-280-8-BHL
Advertised
Numbers
Numbers
@ .050
Intake Duration
Exhaust Duration
Lobe Center
Center line Timing Events
106 INT
110 EXH
Intake Valve Opens/ Closes
9.5 @.050
41.5 @ .050
Exhaust Valve Opens/ Closes
45.5 @ .050
5.5 @ .050
Valve Lift
Based on 1.6 Rocker Ratio
.512 INT
.512 EXH
Valve Lash (Hot)
½ to 1
Full Turn
½ to 1
Full Turn
Set Springs up at 120-130 lbs Seat Pressure
CSC recommends degreeing your
Camshaft in on the #1 Intake using the Lobe Center line Method.

I'm running a triple Weber IDF44 setup with 36mm venturis and a: 12" intakerunner length from valveface to airhorn mouth. Building a zero loss exhaust system as by David Vizard, for my longtube Hooker header.
What do you more experienced builders think of my overall plan and cam choise?

I assume the myus.com may B illegal (not that it matters. AutoZone will ship, also may have stores in europe, I no mexico.
U said "chime in":
"... flat tops, .020 out the hole..."
is that correct?
and
it could not bringa:
"..bring a .030 squish..."
could it? Perhapse I'm the incorrect one~

View attachment DSC_0987.JPG
Toyota 37mm ex. 45mm int. 5mm longer.
8mm stems. Some blending of the valvejob and chamber to be done before final cc ing and head cut.
Does Some one know what the Chevy ls std valve springs specs are, do they differ by generation?

Looks like you might be going bigger than the Short Blocks Bore size in a couple of place's next to the valves, its out all the way to the head gaskets opening and going to be too big not a very good idea as it will create a ledge there. As a good Rule of Thumb you would never want your Combustion Chambers diameter any larger than what the Short blocks actual Bore size is.

Whoever started the gasket matching crap did a disservice to hotrodders. Never do that. Put the head on the block with all the fasteners and scribe the head at the bore from underneath.

So, i've mesured the chambers on the head to 61ml with a syringe. My flat Top. 030 "over pistons are 0.5mm out the hole, Felpro gasket, i ger the comp ratio to:
9.36:1. I'we have euro 95 octane fuel. Wheiging betwen clay Smith 274° dur110° and 280° 110° cams. Thinking that a 10:1 dcr wold be ok. How much do i nead to mill the head? This calculating with imperial and metric got my head spining..
Aiming for a max rew at 6000, torque peak at 4500-5000 isch.
Weber44's with 36mm venturis, longtube Hookers. Ds2 ignition, manual 4spd.
Any input welcome.

The Clay Smith 280-110 will move the peak torque in the 4500-5000 rpm range.
The combustion chambers will need to be 56cc to get a 10:1 compression ratio.

This is a very accurate way to calculate how much needs to be milled off the head to get the desired combustion chamber volume.
Use an inexpensive plastic graduated cylinder.

Here is a .032" thick piece of aluminum I cut out to fit the 300 six combustion chambers.
You can do the same for your combustion chambers.
Now all I have to do is place the piece in a graduated cylinder of colored water to see how much water it displaces.

IMG_0050.jpg

Here is the cylinder with colored water filled to the 70cc mark.

IMG_0051.jpg

Here is the cylinder with the combustion chamber aluminum piece folded up to fit inside.

IMG_0052.jpg

The water is now at the 74.5 cc mark.

IMG_0053.jpg

Aluminum piece is .032" thick for a 4.5cc displacement which is .007" per cc.

Sorry the thickness measurements are not metric.

Last edited:
Thank you for that tip!
I have in the back of my head, that i'we seen some one mention: " mill X amount to get Y smaler chamber". Does Some one recon that?

Thank you for that tip!
I have in the back of my head, that i'we seen some one mention: " mill X amount to get Y smaler chamber". Does Some one recon that?
Yes, but they took that information from the tech section, and it is incorrect.
The safest way is to measure the volume change per mm yourself.

Last edited:
So, i went with p muller's way of measuring the combustion camber worked flawlesly!
Cut a piece of plastic, 1mm thick, to fit the camber, roled it up in to a measuring glas with windshieald washer fluid. It showed a 5ml volume. So, a one mm cut, would, in my case, render a camber wolume decres of 5cc. Now its of to the machineshop! 👍

Back