New tri Weber engine build.

Goldie's mustang 200 has an Aussie head with a 2300 2 barrel carb and 10:1 compression.
The Claysmith cam failed so she installed the Howards 280998-10 camshaft which pulls nicely to 6000 rpm.
It was installed with the intake center line at 106 degrees ATDC

275 degrees advertised duration.
221 degrees .050" duration
110 LSA
.470" valve lift with a 1.5 ratio rocker arm.

That Looks like a good choice, at what overlap is it.? what was wrong with the CL cam? I'm debating the lca with my self, 110° or 108°?
Decent low lift Flow and ir setup, vs the more comon singel carb. Not to many ir setup om this forum thou, not much info elsvere on I6s..
Thanks for the input 👍

Howards 280998-10 camshaft has a 65 degree overlap using the advertised duration
The 110 LSA has a fairly good lope at idle, but the overlap is still allowing very good fuel mileage.
With an automatic transmission and 2500 rpm stall converter, they are getting 23 mpg with mixed driving and 19 to 21 going around 80 mph on the highway and some sporty driving.
If you go to a 108 LSA the idle will be very rough and the fuel mileage will decrease.

what was wrong with the CL cam?
Most of the cam lobes and lifters got wiped out.
Metal filings throughout the engine.
When I looked for a replacement Clay Smith cam, this profile was no longer available and the new cam under the same part number had a lot less valve lift.
The Howards cam has run several thousand miles without any problems.

I think you mean 55° overlap, 65° would give 285° dur. On 110° lca.
Where can i get a kit, with good lifters, from a vendor, willing to ship to Sweden?
Summit is out of stock.
Thank you for the tip on th Howards cam! 👍

Where can i get a kit, with good lifters, from a vendor, willing to ship to Sweden?
Summit is out of stock.
Thank you for the tip on th Howards cam! 👍
Summit shows it would ship tomorrow, Jegs shows it will ship on 6/22

Back